Re: Removing sticker adhesive from front of Dell Desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Mar 2, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Devil's_Advocate wrote:

    > This is fascinating.
    >
    > I was talking before, about replacing that Vista sticker on the front of this
    > Dell DT with a Win 7 sticker. So I got one on Ebay for $3.xx ( mailing
    > included ) and carefully peeled the Vista sticker up, using some sharp
    > diagonal cutters I had from my electronics tools. ( not the big clunky kind,
    > the sharp precise kind )
    >
    > But it left a bunch of sticker residue on the front, which wouldnt rub off by
    > hand.
    >
    > I didn't want to risk crazing the plastic case with chemicals.
    >
    > Some sites said to use WD40, which is one of the greatest things in the
    > world, but on the front of a computer?
    >
    > So just for fun I pulled out some scotch magic tape and stuck it to the
    > adhesive. It pulled right up! Took me a few minutes to keep grabbing parts of
    > it, but it pulled it all up clean.
    >
    > Cool!

    Did you ever try using tape to remove tape residue? Often using shipping or
    duct tape pressed onto the residue, lifting, and repeating the action
    gradually lifts off more and more of the old glue. You're basically using
    the tape with its glue to pull the old glue off the case.

    VanguardLH, Mar 2, 2010

  2. "§nühw¤£f" <> via news:Xns9D2F5B85719A5snuhwolfyahoocom@
    216.196.97.142:

    > philo <> clouded the waters of pure thought with
    >
    >> VanguardLH wrote:

    >>> Did you ever try using tape to remove tape residue? Often using
    >>> shipping or duct tape pressed onto the residue, lifting, and
    >>> repeating the action gradually lifts off more and more of the old
    >>> glue. You're basically using the tape with its glue to pull the
    >>> old glue off the case.

    >> same with magic marker
    >>

    >> you can get it off by using magic marker if you work fast...
    >> before the solvent dries
    >>

    >> like the old saying about fighting fire with fire
    >>

    > Theres a product called "Goo Gone" which works well.
    > Or use something with orange oil in it.
    >
    > HTH

    You should know, you used it on your peeny and your brains
    and now they're both so far gone you need teh medications
    for your potty control issues.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ! So...
    what are your other 2 wishes?

    Repent! The end is near....
    So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 2, 2010

  3. "§nühw¤£f" <> via

    > [Note to its mama:]
    >
    > Stop thinking about my dick

    Smelly ole useless eunuch drag-troll is like an enraged bullfrog...
    all its s0cks start making noises, then it croaks...

    [Now it'll be all snot-bubbled about me being a "racist"...
    because I taunt the drag-troll imbeciles... LOL! ]

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; ! So...
    what are your other 2 wishes?

    Repent! The end is near....
    So, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 2, 2010
  4. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Devil's_Advocate wrote:

    > VanguardLH <> wrote :
    >
    >> Devil's_Advocate wrote:
    >>
    >>> This is fascinating.
    >>>
    >>> I was talking before, about replacing that Vista sticker on the front
    >>> of this Dell DT with a Win 7 sticker. So I got one on Ebay for $3.xx (
    >>> mailing included ) and carefully peeled the Vista sticker up, using
    >>> some sharp diagonal cutters I had from my electronics tools. ( not the
    >>> big clunky kind, the sharp precise kind )
    >>>
    >>> But it left a bunch of sticker residue on the front, which wouldnt rub
    >>> off by hand.
    >>>
    >>> I didn't want to risk crazing the plastic case with chemicals.
    >>>
    >>> Some sites said to use WD40, which is one of the greatest things in the
    >>> world, but on the front of a computer?
    >>>
    >>> So just for fun I pulled out some scotch magic tape and stuck it to the
    >>> adhesive. It pulled right up! Took me a few minutes to keep grabbing
    >>> parts of it, but it pulled it all up clean.
    >>>
    >>> Cool!

    >> Did you ever try using tape to remove tape residue? Often using
    >> shipping or duct tape pressed onto the residue, lifting, and repeating
    >> the action gradually lifts off more and more of the old glue. You're
    >> basically using the tape with its glue to pull the old glue off the
    >> case.
    >>

    > That's what I was just talking about.

    I must not have scrolled to see the last paragraph.

    VanguardLH, Mar 3, 2010