    remove it? Will not occur any problems when I remove it?
    My computer is OS Wind.XP Pro. Pent.4 1.5 ghz 386 ram
    Thanks
    Zoli, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Zoli

    bmoag Guest

    When SP2 was installed you should have had a choice about archiving your
    older system files. If you did not archive them you are probably SOL and
    will have to do extensive reinstallations. One of my computers had serious
    problems with SP2, believe it or not MIcrosoft actually e-mailed me the
    correct fix, but uninstalling was no problem because the prior system files
    were all archived. Before you uninstall SP2 you may want to do some general
    troubleshooting to see what else might be slowing down your computer:
    fragmentation, too many startup and background programs, antivirus software
    (esp. Norton), etc. Search the Microsoft knowledge base as there are a lot
    of articles about troubleshooting SP2. SP2 in my experience slows boot times
    but not clearly overall performance.
    bmoag, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Zoli

    Thor Guest