Re: Removing items from right click menu

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by M.L., Nov 3, 2009.

  1. M.L.

    M.L. Guest

    >>>Does anyone know how this is done on VistaHomePremium SP/2, 32 bit? I
    >>>have
    >>>stuff showing on the right click menu I don't want there, from programs
    >>>long
    >>>gone and a few with no associated programs mentioned.

    >> That's the Context Menu.

    >I don't care to mess around in the registry at all.
    >Several of the things on the context menu I want to remove don't have names
    >of any particular program, so I can't see how I can remove them using the
    >utilities I've so far downloaded. Example: When I right-click on a JPG
    >named say, JaneDoe.jpg, one says "Scan JaneDoe.jpg." It makes no sense.
    >Scan it with what? There's no program name to remove or disable and nothing
    >happens if I do click on "Scan JaneDoe.jpg."

    Winbubble (freeware) has a Vista context menu add/remove feature under
    the Miscellaneous tab.

    Winbubble
    http://unlockforus.blogspot.com/2008/09/removing-right-click-menu-items.html
    M.L., Nov 3, 2009