Re: Removing icons on left side of the folders

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by L Beck, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. L Beck

    L Beck Guest

    Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside the
    folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar" (which shows
    only icons, just like on the desktop)?

    "Alex Vinokur" <> wrote in message
    > ===================
    > Windows 2000 Microsoft
    > Outlook Express 6
    > ===================
    >
    > Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox, Outbox,

    ...., newsgroup names) ?

    L Beck, Aug 5, 2003

  2. L Beck

    Brian H¹© Guest

    L Beck said:

    > Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside the
    > folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar" (which shows
    > only icons, just like on the desktop)?

    The question is perfectly clear.
    "Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox, Outbox, ...,
    newsgroup names) ?"

    How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox & newsgroup names?

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003

  3. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > L Beck said:
    >
    >> Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside
    >> the folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar"
    >> (which shows only icons, just like on the desktop)?
    >>

    > The question is perfectly clear.
    > "Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    > Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?"
    >
    > How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox &
    > newsgroup names?
    >

    >> "Alex Vinokur" <> wrote in message
    >>> ===================
    >>> Windows 2000 Microsoft
    >>> Outlook Express 6
    >>> ===================
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    >>> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> Alex Vinokur

    No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
    Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
    he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
    those icons.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 5, 2003
  4. L Beck

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> L Beck said:
    >>
    >>> Are you talking about the icons that show in the Folders list beside
    >>> the folder name, or the representative icons in the "Outlook Bar"
    >>> (which shows only icons, just like on the desktop)?
    >>>

    >> The question is perfectly clear.
    >> "Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    >> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?"
    >>
    >> How many icons can you find on the toolbar for Inbox, Outbox &
    >> newsgroup names?
    >>

    >>> "Alex Vinokur" <> wrote in message

    > No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
    > Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
    > he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
    > those icons.

    That is how I interpreted the question, as even in the Outlook Bar the newsgroup
    names do not show there.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003
  5. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >
    >> No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't
    >> looked at the Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking
    >> about. Personally I think he's talking about the Folder List and I
    >> don't think there's a way to remove those icons.

    > That is how I interpreted the question, as even in the Outlook Bar
    > the newsgroup names do not show there.

    They will if you put them there.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 5, 2003
  6. L Beck

    Alex Vinokur Guest

    "Frank Saunders, MS-MVP" <> wrote in message news:#...
    [snip]
    > No one but you has mentioned the toolbar and you still haven't looked at the
    > Outlook Bar to see what everyone else is talking about. Personally I think
    > he's talking about the Folder List and I don't think there's a way to remove
    > those icons.

    [snip]

    You are right. I mean icons in the Folder List.
    P.S. There is no problem to remove Outlook Bar in Outlook Express.

    Thanks,
    Alex Vinokur

    Alex Vinokur, Aug 6, 2003