Re: Removing icons on left side of the folders

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Alex Vinokur wrote the following message:
    > Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    > Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?

    View > Layout > UNcheck Outlook Bar

    Or if you want to remove just individual folders icons, right click on
    the icon you want removed, and left click "remove from outlook bar."

    Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL, Aug 5, 2003

  2. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL said:

    > Alex Vinokur wrote the following message:
    >> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    >> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?

    > View > Layout > UNcheck Outlook Bar

    Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    > Or if you want to remove just individual folders icons, right click on
    > the icon you want removed, and left click "remove from outlook bar."

    The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking about the
    icons to the left of the folders.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003

  3. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL said:
    >
    >> Alex Vinokur wrote the following message:
    >>> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    >>> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?

    >> View > Layout > UNcheck Outlook Bar

    > Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    Yes

    >> Or if you want to remove just individual folders icons, right click
    >> on the icon you want removed, and left click "remove from outlook
    >> bar."

    > The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking
    > about the icons to the left of the folders.

    Ron knows that.
    Perhaps you should examine and experiment with View | Layout.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 5, 2003
  4. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL said:

    >>> View > Layout > UNcheck Outlook Bar

    >> Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    > Yes
    >

    >>> Or if you want to remove just individual folders icons, right click
    >>> on the icon you want removed, and left click "remove from outlook
    >>> bar."

    >> The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking
    >> about the icons to the left of the folders.

    > Ron knows that.
    > Perhaps you should examine and experiment with View | Layout.

    I don't need to, the OP wants to know how to remove the icons, not me.
    And I repeat, he wants to remove the icons that are next to the named folders,
    not the icons on the toolbar.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003
  5. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    >> Yes

    >>> The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking
    >>> about the icons to the left of the folders.

    >> Ron knows that.
    >> Perhaps you should examine and experiment with View | Layout.

    > I don't need to, the OP wants to know how to remove the icons, not me.
    > And I repeat, he wants to remove the icons that are next to the named
    > folders, not the icons on the toolbar.

    The outlook bar resides on the left edge of OE, not on the toolbar. Ron's
    anwer is still correct and you still didn't enable the Outlook Bar to see
    what it is.

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, Aug 5, 2003
  6. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >>
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Yes

    >>> Ron knows that.
    >>> Perhaps you should examine and experiment with View | Layout.

    >> I don't need to, the OP wants to know how to remove the icons, not me.
    >> And I repeat, he wants to remove the icons that are next to the named
    >> folders, not the icons on the toolbar.

    > The outlook bar resides on the left edge of OE, not on the toolbar. Ron's
    > anwer is still correct and you still didn't enable the Outlook Bar to see
    > what it is.

    Oh, that bloody annoying thing. I forgot all about the existance of that.
    My apologies.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 5, 2003
  7. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL said:
    >
    >> Alex Vinokur wrote the following message:
    >>> Is it possible to remove icons on left side of the folders (Inbox,
    >>> Outbox, ..., newsgroup names) ?

    >> View > Layout > UNcheck Outlook Bar

    >Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    Yes, Brain, you twat.

    >> Or if you want to remove just individual folders icons, right click on
    >> the icon you want removed, and left click "remove from outlook bar."

    >The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking about the
    >icons to the left of the folders.

    Fancy attempting to put a reg from m.p.w.i.i right about something you
    know nothing. With every post you make, you remove further doubt about
    your _complete_ lack of clue.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  8. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> Outlook Bar in Outlook Express?

    >> Yes

    >>> The OP isn't talking about the icons on the toolbar, he is talking
    >>> about the icons to the left of the folders.

    >> Ron knows that.
    >> Perhaps you should examine and experiment with View | Layout.

    >I don't need to, the OP wants to know how to remove the icons, not me.
    >And I repeat, he wants to remove the icons that are next to the named folders,
    >not the icons on the toolbar.

    Atta boi, Brain. Arguing with an MS-MVP now. Truly, you deserve the
    title 'Brian the St00pid'.

    LOL!

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 5, 2003
  9. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    PA Bear Guest

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:
    >> Atta boi, Brain. Arguing with an MS-MVP now. Truly, you deserve the
    >> title 'Brian the St00pid'.

    Such a charitable attitude for a man of the cloth and subscriber to the
    Hypocratic Oath!

    PA Bear, Aug 5, 2003
  10. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >
    >> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    >>> I don't need to, the OP wants to know how to remove the icons, not me.
    >>> And I repeat, he wants to remove the icons that are next to the named
    >>> folders, not the icons on the toolbar.

    >> The outlook bar resides on the left edge of OE, not on the toolbar. Ron's
    >> anwer is still correct and you still didn't enable the Outlook Bar to see
    >> what it is.

    >Oh, that bloody annoying thing. I forgot all about the existance of that.

    Liar. You never knew in the first place, Brain.

    >My apologies.

    Nice sig. Says it all, really.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 6, 2003
  11. "PA Bear" <> wrote:

    >Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:
    >>> Atta boi, Brain. Arguing with an MS-MVP now. Truly, you deserve the
    >>> title 'Brian the St00pid'.

    >Such a charitable attitude for a man of the cloth and subscriber to the
    >Hypocratic Oath!

    If you read Brain's spew on a regular basis, you'd understand.

    P.S. "Hippo-" ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 6, 2003
  12. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    PA Bear Guest

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:

    >>> Such a charitable attitude for a man of the cloth and subscriber to the
    >>> Hypocratic Oath!

    >> If you read Brain's spew on a regular basis, you'd understand.
    >>
    >> P.S. "Hippo-" ;o)

    No thanks.

    PS The misspelling was intentional.

    PA Bear, Aug 6, 2003
  13. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    PA Bear Guest

    Brian H¹© wrote:
    >> And MVP has no significance for me, most can only only boast 6 months
    >> schooling for it.

    How about none at all?

    PA Bear, Aug 6, 2003
  14. Ron Reddon INVALID EMAIL

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:

    > "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <> wrote in
    > message news:
    >>
    >> Atta boi, Brain. Arguing with an MS-MVP now. Truly, you deserve the
    >> title 'Brian the St00pid'.
    >>
    >> LOL!

    > MVPs make mistakes, too.
    > At least I do.

    Don't worry about Monsignor Larville Jones MD, MD is short for mindless doofus.
    He proves it every time he barks from the killfile, thinking I can hear him.
    And I don't think anyone is going to take the title St00pid away from "Richard
    the" and give it to me.

    --
    www.absey-vine.co.uk/

    Brian H¹©, Aug 6, 2003
  15. "PA Bear" <> wrote:

    >Monsignor Larville Jones MD wrote:

    >>> If you read Brain's spew on a regular basis, you'd understand.
    >>>
    >>> P.S. "Hippo-" ;o)

    >No thanks.

    I understand entirely why you've no desire to. It's often quite
    painful.

    >PS The misspelling was intentional.

    Gotcha. ;o)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 7, 2003
  16. "PA Bear" <> wrote:

    >Brian H¹© wrote:
    >>> And MVP has no significance for me, most can only only boast 6 months
    >>> schooling for it.

    >How about none at all?

    I'm surprised Brain even spelt the word correctly (this time ;oÞ)...

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 7, 2003
  17. "Brian H¹©" <> wrote:

    > Frank Saunders, MS-MVP said:
    >
    >> "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <> wrote in
    >> message news:
    >>>
    >>> Atta boi, Brain. Arguing with an MS-MVP now. Truly, you deserve the
    >>> title 'Brian the St00pid'.
    >>>
    >>> LOL!

    >> MVPs make mistakes, too.
    >> At least I do.

    >Don't worry about Monsignor Larville Jones MD, MD is short for mindless doofus.
    >He proves it every time he barks from the killfile, thinking I can hear him.

    That's why you follow-up every post of mine you read, eh Brain?

    >And I don't think anyone is going to take the title St00pid away from "Richard
    >the" and give it to me.

    That's ok, BtS. You can share it - after all, you and he have much in
    common already.

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 7, 2003