Re: Remove Past Items

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Liz, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. Liz

    Liz Guest

    "anamer" <> wrote
    > How do I remove the past Items in the Task bar and Start Menu Properties/
    > Customize Notifications page. If you view the attachment it is the screen
    > shot of the page. I want to get rid of the past Items there.

    Start> Run> type: regedit

    Delete the IconStreams and PastIconsStream values
    from the following registry key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\TrayNotify

    Open Task Manager, click the Processes tab,
    click Explorer.exe, and then click End Process.

    In Task Manager, click File, click New Task,
    type explorer, and then click OK.
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1061455321

    Lastly, don't post attachment to plain-text newsgroup.
    Liz, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Liz

    anamer Guest

    Sorry there won't be any more attachments
    Thank you for the help, It worked fine.

    anamer, Sep 5, 2003

  3. Liz

    Liz Guest

    Good to know! By the way, to prevent getting Spam,
    you should munge your e-mail address. :)
    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    Liz, Sep 6, 2003