Re: removable hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JANATARD, May 31, 2005.

  1. JANATARD

    JANATARD Guest

    JANA <> wrote:

    >> i have a removable hard drive usb that i use for backup purposes.
    >> (maxtor 200gig - two)
    >>
    >> problem.
    >> when ever i plug the drive into the computer, the letter assignment
    >> of the hard drive seems to change each time.
    >> (starts with f then the next time it is g:)
    >>
    >> this continues until the system is rebooted, then it starts over
    >> again.

    > When removing a removable disk drive, or jump drive, you have to use
    > the "Safely Remove Hardware" utility, before removing it. There
    > should normally be an icon for this in the lower right toolbar near
    > to the time display. Double click on its icon, and follow the prompts
    > to disable the disk drive.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! Jou fokken JANATARD.

    Poster: "when I plug the drive into the computer, the drive letter changes."

    JANATARD: "You have to use the 'Safely Remove Hardware'!"

    --
    Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    JANATARD, May 31, 2005

  2. JANATARD

    peter Guest

    "JANATARD" <> wrote in message
    > JANA <> wrote:
    >

    >>> i have a removable hard drive usb that i use for backup purposes.
    >>> (maxtor 200gig - two)
    >>>
    >>> problem.
    >>> when ever i plug the drive into the computer, the letter assignment
    >>> of the hard drive seems to change each time.
    >>> (starts with f then the next time it is g:)
    >>>
    >>> this continues until the system is rebooted, then it starts over
    >>> again.

    >> When removing a removable disk drive, or jump drive, you have to use
    >> the "Safely Remove Hardware" utility, before removing it. There
    >> should normally be an icon for this in the lower right toolbar near
    >> to the time display. Double click on its icon, and follow the prompts
    >> to disable the disk drive.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! Jou fokken JANATARD.
    >
    > Poster: "when I plug the drive into the computer, the drive letter
    > changes."
    >
    > JANATARD: "You have to use the 'Safely Remove Hardware'!"
    >
    > --
    > Poster: "My machine is very slow to boot up."
    > JANA the JANATARD: "Clean out the IE cache."

    some how, i knew it would be beyond your understanding.

    peter, Jun 1, 2005