Re: Remote shutter trigger for compact cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by DanielB, Jun 11, 2008.

  1. DanielB

    DanielB Guest

    On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 23:29:16 +0200, "il barbi" <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for a compact camera with a remote shutter trigger, cabled or
    >wireless, but it seems a remote shutter exist only for reflex or old
    >cameras. Here is a do-it-yourself cabled device:
    >http://www.instructables.com/id/SAN7MWNFCTI5M17/
    >made with a low-cost headset for phones, unfortunately it connects to the
    >camera by a 2,5 mm plug, this means the camera must have a remote shutter
    >port with a 2.5 mm jack and so this engine is useful only to spare the money
    >for the right accessory. To be of general use the plug must be a USB one,
    >anyway this does not assure it will work for any camera.
    >As for wireless triggers I found nothing
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >il barbi

    Any of the 31 Canon models that are supported by CHDK have built-in USB
    cable-release option.

    See http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK

    All you need is any USB cable, a small 3V button-cell battery and a momentary
    contact switch. The same circuit can also be used with remote radio-relays. Many
    people are making simple modifications to inexpensive (<$20) remote doorbell
    switches to trigger their cameras through the USB port.

    DanielB, Jun 11, 2008