Re: Remote shutter trigger for compact cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Chris Malcolm, Jun 6, 2008.

  1. il barbi <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a compact camera with a remote shutter trigger, cabled or
    > wireless, but it seems a remote shutter exist only for reflex or old
    > cameras. Here is a do-it-yourself cabled device:
    > http://www.instructables.com/id/SAN7MWNFCTI5M17/
    > made with a low-cost headset for phones, unfortunately it connects to the
    > camera by a 2,5 mm plug, this means the camera must have a remote shutter
    > port with a 2.5 mm jack and so this engine is useful only to spare the money
    > for the right accessory. To be of general use the plug must be a USB one,
    > anyway this does not assure it will work for any camera.
    > As for wireless triggers I found nothing
    > Any ideas?

    If there is an electronic shutter release socket, either someone makes
    a radio trigger which will work with it, or which can be made to work
    with it with a socket convertor, or you can browse some of the many
    DIY instructional articles about how to use a cheap remote flash radio
    trigger the other way round as a remote radio shutter release.

    The tailor made devices can be surprisingly expensive. The DIY
    versions can be surprisingly cheap.

    For an example of an inexpensive general purpose device google "cactus
    wireless shutter release".

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]