Re: Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 31, 2010.

  1. Well, it looks like they're getting serious.

    OTOH, I've already switched over to an external news server for most things,
    so it will be no problem to do so for x64 as well. See you all there...

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/Russel

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Aug 31, 2010

  2. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    On that very week I'll be receiving heavy doses of sun in Isla Margarita,
    taking a 1 week vacation!
    :)
    I won't be able to be plugged in "the day after", but I'll be here using
    "ethernalseptember" news service on the following week.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Aug 31, 2010

  3. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Ivan Guest

    Isla Margarita, Venezuela?
    Be very careful, you can lose your wallet or, worst, your life in my country. This is a hard place to live but easy to die.
    Sorry for the intrusion.

    --
    Saludos cordiales. Ivan

    Ivan, Aug 31, 2010
  4. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    On 31/08/2010 in message <> Ivan wrote:

    >Isla Margarita, Venezuela?
    >Be very careful, you can lose your wallet or, worst, your life in my
    >country. This is a hard place to live but easy to die.
    >Sorry for the intrusion.

    Do you work for the Venezuelan tourist board by any chance :)

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    There is absolutely no substitute for a genuine lack of preparation

    Jeff Gaines, Aug 31, 2010
  5. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Ivan Guest

    I was kidnapped & stole there, don´t know how I´m alive, if I could I will leave this country and forget were I was born :-(

    --
    Saludos cordiales. Ivan

    Ivan, Aug 31, 2010
  6. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Jeff,
    Nope, just an southern Argentinean looking for high temps.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 1, 2010
  7. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Iván:
    Soy argentino, sé muy bien de qué estás hablando.
    Ya tenemos práctica.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 1, 2010
  8. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Ivan Guest

    Ahora es peor de lo que cualquiera pueda imaginar: El paraiso de los ladrones, narcos y guerrilleros, ayer nada mas asesinaron tres turistas un holandes, un aleman y un italiano.

    Ivan, Sep 1, 2010
  9. Heavy doses of sun are always good. Enjoy. I suspect we'll be here when you
    get back. Just on a different server. :)

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 1, 2010
  10. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    Charlie,
    I've just subscribed to this group via Google.
    This will allow me access from work.
    ;)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 1, 2010
  11. Good. Will be interesting to see how google groups handles the change.

    Charlie Russel-MVP, Sep 3, 2010
  12. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    Ivan wrote:

    > > "Carlos" <> escribió en el mensaje
    > > Iván:
    > > Soy argentino, sé muy bien de qué estás hablando.
    > > Ya tenemos práctica.
    > > :)
    > > Carlos

    > Ahora es peor de lo que cualquiera pueda imaginar: El paraiso de
    > los ladrones, narcos y guerrilleros, ayer nada mas asesinaron tres
    > turistas un holandes, un aleman y un italiano.

    <heavily edited for brevity>

    Would somebody, please, translate the two posts, above?

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 6, 2010
  13. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Ivan Guest

    Venezuela now is a paradise for thiefs, narcos & guerrilla. Yesterday three tourist was murdered: One dutch, a german and one italian.

    --
    Ivan

    Ivan, Sep 6, 2010
  14. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    John,
    Sorry for the Spanish talk. The subject was way over OT so I took the chance
    to speak my own language with someone else.
    I'm taking a one week vacation to Isla Margarita in Venezuela, and Ivan just
    wanted to warn me about the dangers lurking there, his native country.
    I will spend the whole week inside a safe resort, living that virtualy
    reality they make you live during your stay.
    What's a vacation after all? A virtual reality where you think you can live
    without having to go to work every day.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 6, 2010
  15. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Carlos Guest

    R. C.,
    I am appointing you from now on as our official Spanish-English translator.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Sep 6, 2010
  16. Charlie Russel-MVP

    Ivan Guest

    Please, be very careful when you get the airport. It's very serious.
    http://www.megaresistencia.com/megaresistencia/foro/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37066

    God Luck.

    Ivan, Sep 6, 2010
  17. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    "R. C. White" wrote:

    > Hi, John.
    >
    > In IE8, I just typed "translate Spanish to English" into the Search Box then
    > select Bing Translate (or Google Translate) from the hits.. Then I
    > highlighted the message here and Copy'N'Pasted it into the "From" box there
    > and read it in the To box.
    >
    > The translations are not as good as a live interpreter could do, but the
    > meaning is there. Be sure to copy from the original post; the quotes in
    > Replies have control characters inserted, which messes things up a bit.
    >
    > Carlos said:
    > Ivan:
    > I am Argentine, I know what you mean.
    > We have practice.
    >
    > And Ivan responded:
    > Now it's worse than anyone could imagine: The paradise of thieves, drug
    > traffickers and guerrillas, yesterday nothing but three tourists killed a
    > Dutchman, a German and an Italian.
    >
    > I suspect that Ivan's "yesterday nothing but" should have been translated to
    > "just yesterday" - or something like that, and that three tourists did not
    > killed, but WERE killed.
    >
    > I'm sure Carlos will correct this if I'm wrong. ;^}
    >
    > RC

    I'd already figured out the gist of Ivan's message (about the thugs and
    the murdered tourists)...just wanted the full translation and context.

    Thanks, R.C.!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 10, 2010
  18. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    James wrote:

    > On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 22:40:12 -0500, John Turco <>
    > wrote:

    > >> Ahora es peor de lo que cualquiera pueda imaginar: El paraiso de
    > >> los ladrones, narcos y guerrilleros, ayer nada mas asesinaron tres
    > >> turistas un holandes, un aleman y un italiano.

    > ><heavily edited for brevity>
    > >
    > >Would somebody, please, translate the two posts, above?

    > Freely translated (via google Translate):
    >
    > Now it's worse than anyone could imagine: the paradise of thieves,
    > drug traffickers and guerrillas killed three yesterday nothing else
    > three tourists a Dutchman, a German and an Italian.

    Thanks you.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 10, 2010
  19. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    Ivan wrote:

    > Venezuela now is a paradise for thiefs, narcos & guerrilla. Yesterday three
    > tourist was murdered: One dutch, a german and one italian.

    Thanks, amigo.

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 10, 2010
  20. Charlie Russel-MVP

    John Turco Guest

    Carlos wrote:

    > John,
    > Sorry for the Spanish talk. The subject was way over OT so I took the chance
    > to speak my own language with someone else.
    > I'm taking a one week vacation to Isla Margarita in Venezuela, and Ivan just
    > wanted to warn me about the dangers lurking there, his native country.
    > I will spend the whole week inside a safe resort, living that virtualy
    > reality they make you live during your stay.
    > What's a vacation after all? A virtual reality where you think you can live
    > without having to go to work every day.
    > :)
    > Carlos

    It was rather thoughtful of Ivan, to urge caution; yet, I'm uncertain
    whether it was absolutely necessary.

    I mean, lots of people, worldwide, probably have a seriously distorted
    image of the U.S.A. (my country). Due to the exploits of the news and
    entertainment media, they must think that it's a virtual "Hell on Earth"
    (where the chance of becoming a homicide victim, approaches 100%).

    Which is a gross exaggeration -- and Ivan may be too hard on Venezuela,
    as well. Nonetheless, it's always wise to use common sense, anywhere
    one travels.

    Thanks, for responding, Carlos...and have a safe and happy trip, also!

    --
    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Sep 10, 2010