Re: Reliable online shop other than B&H

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Meissner, Aug 26, 2003.

    www.adorama.com (evidently owned a relative of B&H's founder).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Aug 26, 2003

  2. Michael Meissner

    Bill Hilton Guest

    > (Curt) writes:
    >
    > Im just about to order my 10D but the 10D is out of stock at B&H.
    > What other place can you recommend?

    Like you I usually buy from B&H but for items they don't carry or don't have in
    stock for long periods of time I usually go to a shopping bot like
    www.resellerratings.com and enter the product. You'll get a list of 20 or so
    companies that carry it, sorted by price. Some of the smart bots even
    calculate shipping. Then check the ratings of the company at the same site ...
    if the lifetime and near-term ratings are high (say 8 or better) and shipping
    is reasonable and it's in stock, go for it. I've done this 3-4 times recently
    and never had a problem.

    > Im not looking for the cheapest, just a reliable shop.

    Usually the absolute lowest price shops have high shipping and/or low customer
    ratings :) But you can generally find things for B&H-like prices from
    reputable dealers using the bots.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 26, 2003