Re: Registry Cleaners

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ron Martell, May 10, 2008.

  1. Ron Martell

    Ron Martell Guest

    Steve <> wrote:

    >Registry Cleaners? What does everybody like?

    The best registry cleaner is none at all. They are far more likely to
    trach your system by deleting some essential information than they are
    ever to improve overall performance or reliability.

    The exception to this would be when recovering from a botched program
    install where the uninstall function does not work. In these rare
    circumstances I use RegSeeker (free for personal use) from
    http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

    It has been at least 2 years since I have had occasion to use
    RegSeeker on a customer's or on my own machine.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service