Re: Registry Cleaner

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jedidiah Wasserman, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Jude, <>, wrote:

    > What's the best registry cleaner out there?

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!
    Jedidiah Wasserman, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Jude Guest

    "Jedidiah Wasserman"
    <-surfeited-pavement-princess.org> wrote in
    message
    > Jude, <>, wrote:
    >

    > > What's the best registry cleaner out there?

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!

    Is is THAT bad? lol
    Jude, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jude" <> wrote in message

    | "Jedidiah Wasserman"
    | <-surfeited-pavement-princess.org> wrote
    in
    | message

    | > Jude, <>, wrote:
    | >

    | > > What's the best registry cleaner out there?
    | >
    | > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!
    |
    | Is is THAT bad? lol

    (You've been trolled...ignore it and maybe it will shrivel up and go away)
    Toolman Tim, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Jude Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "Jude" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Jedidiah Wasserman"
    > | <-surfeited-pavement-princess.org> wrote
    > in
    > | message

    > | > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH!!!
    > |
    > | Is is THAT bad? lol
    > |
    > (You've been trolled...ignore it and maybe it will shrivel up and go away)

    Geez, even on help groups they show up??? You KNOW that's desperate! lol
    Jude, Feb 4, 2005
  5. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Jude" <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "Jude" <> wrote in message
    | > |
    | > | "Jedidiah Wasserman"
    | > | <-surfeited-pavement-princess.org>
    wrote
    | > in
    | > | message
    | > |

    | > |
    | > | Is is THAT bad? lol
    | > |
    | > (You've been trolled...ignore it and maybe it will shrivel up and go
    away)

    | Geez, even on help groups they show up??? You KNOW that's desperate! lol

    Yup! I've been impersonated, flamed, sacrificed to the MS gods...all in the
    last two days ;o)

    As for the registry cleaner, I don't have much advice. I have Norton's
    SystemWorks (WinDoctor) and it does okay. I wouldn't pay for another one
    though. I've seen some from a search on Google that were free and seemed to
    work as well as the Norton stuff. Unfortunately, my day is late, the memory
    sleepy <g>
    Toolman Tim, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Izzy Jofe Guest

    Jude, <>, wrote:

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jude" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Jedidiah Wasserman"
    >>> <-surfeited-pavement-princess.org>
    >>> wrote in message

    ..

    >>> Is is THAT bad? lol
    >>>

    >> (You've been trolled...ignore it and maybe it will shrivel up and go
    >> away)

    > Geez, even on help groups they show up??? You KNOW that's desperate!
    > lol

    If you want your machine fucked up beyond all repair, listen to Tooltard
    Tim. If you don't want your machine fucked, try and figure out why 'the
    troll' was laughing. It has something to do with there being no such thing
    as "a good registry" cleaner.
    Izzy Jofe, Feb 4, 2005
  7. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim <> wrote in message
    xCMd.13401$...

    > ignore it and maybe it will shrivel up and go
    > away)

    You've been saying that for how many years now, Timtard?

    --
    Toolman Tim: Founding member and CEO of FUCKTARDS'R'US
    Toolman Tim, Feb 4, 2005
  8. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Toolman Tim, Feb 4, 2005
  9. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Plato Guest

    Plato, Feb 4, 2005
  10. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Jude Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Jedidiah Wasserman wrote:
    > >
    > > > What's the best registry cleaner out there?

    > http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/206.htm#5

    That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Jude, Feb 4, 2005
  11. Golden Oldie: I agree with this poster.

    Registry Cleaning is Much Worse then living with a somewhat slower
    system due to garbage entries in your registry.

    Unless you use system restore; live with your system as long as
    possible, be nice to it, don't introduce it to strangers and when all
    else fails; euthanise and reinstall.

    Peace,

    Devvie :)
    devnullius @ gmail.com, Feb 4, 2005
  12. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Dr. Bill Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > I don't have much advice.

    *PLONK*
    Dr. Bill, Feb 4, 2005
  13. Jedidiah Wasserman

    relic Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    > . I have Norton's
    > SystemWorks (WinDoctor) and it does okay.

    You would do better keeping quiet than mentioning WinDoctor.

    --
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity
    relic, Feb 4, 2005
  14. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Damian Guest

    Jude wrote:
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    >> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/206.htm#5

    > That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.

    Just don't come back asking for help with the problems you see after running
    it.
    Damian, Feb 4, 2005
  15. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Jude Guest

    "Damian" <> wrote in message
    > Jude wrote:
    > > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    > >> http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/206.htm#5

    > > That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.

    > Just don't come back asking for help with the problems you see after

    running
    > it.

    It's a problematic program?
    Jude, Feb 4, 2005
  16. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Gort Guest

    Jude wrote:
    > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    >>http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/206.htm#5

    > That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.

    E.C. has a built-in option to make a backup of the files. I suggest you
    find and use that before doing anything else, presuming you're planning
    on using E.C.

    inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it. If you don't know
    how to ignore a posting,complain to me and I will demonstrate.
    Gort, Feb 4, 2005
  17. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Mr Floppy Guest

    devnullius @ gmail.com wiped, flushed and then wrote into alt.os.windows-xp:

    > Golden Oldie: I agree with this poster.
    >
    > Registry Cleaning is Much Worse then living with a somewhat slower
    > system due to garbage entries in your registry.

    Unless you have half a brain

    > Unless you use system restore; live with your system as long as
    > possible, be nice to it, don't introduce it to strangers and when all
    > else fails; euthanise and reinstall.

    System Restore isn't worth a pinch of frog shit!
    Turn the fucker off and get some ghosting software. Back up your system
    regularly then **** with it all you like, registry, boot files, whatever.
    If you FUBAR it, 15-20min and you'll be back to where you were before you
    started without having to re-install all your software or spend the time
    downloading updates.
    At least that way you might fucking learn something other than knowing how
    to format and re-install.

    > Peace,

    I'll fight you for it.

    --
    Mr Floppy
    Mr Floppy, Feb 4, 2005
  18. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Jude Guest

    "Gort" <> wrote in message
    > Jude wrote:
    > > "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message

    > >>http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/206.htm#5

    > > That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.
    > >

    > E.C. has a built-in option to make a backup of the files. I suggest you
    > find and use that before doing anything else, presuming you're planning
    > on using E.C.

    I would definately do that. Also, I DID download the program to take a look
    at it. It has a lot of functions which an ordinary end user could get
    himself in a lot of trouble missing with such a duplicated file. I noticed
    that some files ARE duplicated because they SHOULD be duplicated so unless I
    was ABSOLUTELY sure it was an EXACT duplicate with the same file ending in
    the same folder, I would NOT delete a duplicate. Some things were easy to
    understand, i.e. key references to programs no longer on hard drive.

    Jude, Feb 4, 2005
  19. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Plato Guest

    Jude wrote:

    > > > That's Easy Cleaner. Thanks, I'll check it out.

    > > Just don't come back asking for help with the problems you see after

    > running
    > > it.

    > It's a problematic program?

    It's the most conservative registry cleaner there is.
    Plato, Feb 4, 2005
  20. Jedidiah Wasserman

    Plato Guest

    Gort wrote:

    > E.C. has a built-in option to make a backup of the files. I suggest you
    > find and use that before doing anything else, presuming you're planning
    > on using E.C.

    Well anytime you play with the registry or even before you istall any
    new program it's always best to make a backup of your registry. Of
    course in XP you always have system restore, assuming its actually
    working :) And/or, will work if you have to do a restore.
    Plato, Feb 4, 2005