Re: Registry-blocking writing to

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Dave Korn, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Dave Korn

    Dave Korn Guest

    "Jan" <> wrote in message
    > Is there any way to block any writing into the registry when surfing
    > the Internet? What I have in mind are those StreamMRU and etc.
    > unwanted tracks.
    > There is a software that will block it, but I just don't know name of
    > it.
    > How can this be done manually?

    regedt32 does that.

    You can set full ACLs on any registry key you like. Just choose the key and
    select the Security/Permissions menu item.

    DaveK
    --
    moderator of
    alt.talk.rec.soc.biz.news.comp.humanities.meow.misc.moderated.meow
    Dave Korn, Jun 23, 2003