re-register dll

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by enzo, Jul 29, 2006.

  1. enzo

    enzo Guest

    i guys i'l try to make it short .(win 98 ie 6sp1)
    last time i tried windows update after scanning my pc and selecting some
    patches iclicked download now , but the download dialog came up blank and
    did not download anything, other syntoms include some links that open other
    windows do not download anything.
    after emailing microsoft support and about 20 emails later( bunch of
    diagnose stuff ) the microsoft tech concluded that i had to Re-register the
    relevant ActiveX Control components.than she told me to:1. Close all
    instances of Internet Explorer.
    2. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    3. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    4. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG1.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    5. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    6. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUPS.DLL in the Open box and click OK.
    7. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    8. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 JSCRIPT.DLL in the Open box and click
    OK.
    9. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 ATL.DLL in the Open box and click OK.
    on which i get "load library(wups.dll) failed getlast errorreturns
    0x00000485".
    so the tech made me install ie 6sp1 again(i'm not going to explain to
    elaborate)but i still can't register the dll.
    is thre any way to register this dlls if i download them from
    someware?because it sound like i don't have this dlls in the libray,
    is there any way to put this dlls in the right place?
    ps:when i go on a shortcut propreties on my desktop and i click find target
    nothing comes up ,before it use to find the target and bring a window up.is
    this related to that problem?
    am i making any sense?
    tanx

    enzo, Jul 29, 2006

  2. enzo wrote:
    > i guys i'l try to make it short .(win 98 ie 6sp1)
    > last time i tried windows update after scanning my pc and selecting
    > some patches iclicked download now , but the download dialog came up
    > blank and did not download anything, other syntoms include some links
    > that open other windows do not download anything.
    > after emailing microsoft support and about 20 emails later( bunch of
    > diagnose stuff ) the microsoft tech concluded that i had to
    > Re-register the relevant ActiveX Control components.than she told me
    > to:1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
    > 2. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 3. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 4. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG1.DLL in the Open box
    > and click OK.
    > 5. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 6. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUPS.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 7. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 8. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 JSCRIPT.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK.
    > 9. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 ATL.DLL in the Open box and
    > click OK. on which i get "load library(wups.dll) failed getlast
    > errorreturns 0x00000485".
    > so the tech made me install ie 6sp1 again(i'm not going to explain to
    > elaborate)but i still can't register the dll.
    > is thre any way to register this dlls if i download them from
    > someware?because it sound like i don't have this dlls in the libray,
    > is there any way to put this dlls in the right place?
    > ps:when i go on a shortcut propreties on my desktop and i click find
    > target nothing comes up ,before it use to find the target and bring a
    > window up.is this related to that problem?
    > am i making any sense?
    > tanx

    What version of Win 98 are you running? Second Edition or the Original? If
    it is the second edition maybe updating to the Second addition will work?
    This update solved many issues and added better support for USB.

    Randall Smith, Jul 30, 2006

  3. Randall Smith wrote:
    > enzo wrote:
    >> i guys i'l try to make it short .(win 98 ie 6sp1)
    >> last time i tried windows update after scanning my pc and selecting
    >> some patches iclicked download now , but the download dialog came up
    >> blank and did not download anything, other syntoms include some links
    >> that open other windows do not download anything.
    >> after emailing microsoft support and about 20 emails later( bunch of
    >> diagnose stuff ) the microsoft tech concluded that i had to
    >> Re-register the relevant ActiveX Control components.than she told me
    >> to:1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.
    >> 2. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAPI.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 3. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 4. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUAUENG1.DLL in the Open box
    >> and click OK.
    >> 5. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUCLTUI.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 6. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUPS.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 7. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 WUWEB.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 8. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 JSCRIPT.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK.
    >> 9. Click Start and Run, type Regsvr32 ATL.DLL in the Open box and
    >> click OK. on which i get "load library(wups.dll) failed getlast
    >> errorreturns 0x00000485".
    >> so the tech made me install ie 6sp1 again(i'm not going to explain to
    >> elaborate)but i still can't register the dll.

    the wups.dll?

    >> is thre any way to register this dlls if i download them from
    >> someware?because it sound like i don't have this dlls in the libray,
    >> is there any way to put this dlls in the right place?
    >> ps:when i go on a shortcut propreties on my desktop and i click find
    >> target nothing comes up ,before it use to find the target and bring a
    >> window up.is this related to that problem?
    >> am i making any sense?
    >> tanx

    > What version of Win 98 are you running? Second Edition or the
    > Original? If it is the second edition maybe updating to the Second
    > addition will work? This update solved many issues and added better
    > support for USB.

    Just realized what your support person did. <smacks head>
    Have you tried going to Windows Update and trying again? She basically,
    just had you uninstall Windows Update. When you use it this time, it should
    ask you to install it again. And then work as normal. You may have to open
    IE, and go to the link manually.
    See if this link works.

    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    Randall Smith, Jul 31, 2006
  4. enzo wrote:
    > i guys i'l try to make it short .(win 98 ie 6sp1)
    > last time i tried windows update after scanning my pc and selecting
    > some patches iclicked download now , but the download dialog came up
    > blank and did not download anything, other syntoms include some links
    > that open other windows do not download anything.
    > after emailing microsoft support and about 20 emails later( bunch of
    > diagnose stuff ) the microsoft tech concluded that i had to

    <SNIP>

    Randall Smith, Jul 31, 2006
  5. Nevermind that last post. I posted to myself again. :)

    Randall Smith, Jul 31, 2006