Re: Region 0

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jay G, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Jay G

    Jay G Guest

    "Dimitri Dewever" <> wrote...
    > Has anybody got a clue what this is?
    > I came across a DVD that was PAL Region 0 (all regions
    > stated on the box) Is this possible ??

    DVDs can be set for one or more of the available regions,
    and even all. These are called all-region, no-region, or R0,
    meaning it's playable in all regions, and specific to no region.
    The DVD isn't actually coded with region 0, but rather
    coded for play on regions 1,2,3,4,5, and 6. R0 is just
    shorthand.

    There are instances of a DVD coded for multiple regions
    but not all. PAL R2/R4 discs are common, usually
    distributed in both the UK and Australia.

    -Jay
    Jay G, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Jay G wrote:
    > "Dimitri Dewever" <> wrote...
    >
    >>Has anybody got a clue what this is?
    >>I came across a DVD that was PAL Region 0 (all regions
    >>stated on the box) Is this possible ??

    > DVDs can be set for one or more of the available regions,
    > and even all. These are called all-region, no-region, or R0,
    > meaning it's playable in all regions, and specific to no region.
    > The DVD isn't actually coded with region 0, but rather
    > coded for play on regions 1,2,3,4,5, and 6. R0 is just
    > shorthand.
    >
    > There are instances of a DVD coded for multiple regions
    > but not all. PAL R2/R4 discs are common, usually
    > distributed in both the UK and Australia.
    >
    > -Jay

    Thank a lot for all your info people!

    Dimitri Dewever, Jul 2, 2003