Re: regedit

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Brian H¹©, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Brian H¹©

    Brian H¹© Guest

    sam said:

    > Hi to all
    > been lurking a while. thought I'd join in.
    > seems to be some interesting characters in this group.
    > I find some of the answers and comments very informative.
    > If I may ask a question?
    > When I try to run Regedit it flashes on then disappears.
    > Computer says I have a trojan but AVG antivirus does'nt detect it.
    > Why so? and how to fix? OS winxp. IE6.
    > thank you.
    >
    > ESSENESS

    Task Manager, check to see what programs are running.
    You should be able to terminate the malicious program.
    Check to see if there is an entry for it in Admin Tools | Services, where you
    can set it to manual.
    Reboot the pc and manually delete the offending program.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 7, 2003