Re: Reg. Cleaner?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tim, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Thanks for the link. Gave it a go, after running the program it disabled my
    network. Guess it works fine on non-network pcs.

    Tim, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Tim

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Tim said:

    > Thanks for the link. Gave it a go, after running the program it disabled my
    > network. Guess it works fine on non-network pcs.

    Sorry to hear that, but regardless of which program you use to clean up the
    registry, you need to know what you can and/or can't delete.

    Brian H¹©, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Tim

    Tim Guest

    True, most likely I'm doing something wrong. Just trying to determine why my
    computer always freeze after about a hour.

    Tim, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Tim

    kerplunKuK Guest

    I use XP pro and the same reg cleaner. I am also networked, so I guess you
    missed a setting somewhere. Works fine and 8 PC's.

    --

    Remove MY PANTS to reply
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    kerplunKuK, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Going to give it another try and this time pay more attention to details.
    Hopefully this will somehow sort out my computer from freezing.

    Tim, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Ya I gave that a try and the J16 Power Tool. Both worked fine, it was my
    fault. It found so many program links etc, I can't even remember if they
    still exist or not.

    Tim, Aug 3, 2003
  7. Tim

    Boomer Guest

    Smiley said:

    [snip to change subject]

    Hello

    Could you please adjust your Clock/Time Zone settings?
    You are posting from the future.

    For Windows :
    1. Double click the time in the lower right corner of the system tray.
    2. In the dialog box that pops up select the *Time Zone* tab.
    3. Use the drop down menu to select the correct entry for "your" TIME
    ZONE.
    Check "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes
    4. Also, Check the box marked Daylight Savings Time.
    5. Then click OK to save it.

    ~Further information at the site below.~
    http://www.visi.com/~barr/timezone.html

    Thank You Very Much :)

    P.S. It does not matter if you are living on the far side of the moon.
    Your computer clock/date/time zone is incorrect.
    Boomer, Aug 3, 2003
  8. Tim

    Smiley Guest

    --
    \\\|||///
    | |
    Smiley, Aug 3, 2003
  9. Tim

    Kor Guest

    I can also advise Ad/aware verion 6 from Lavasoft.

    Kor, Aug 3, 2003
  10. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Funny you should mentioned that, I have that too always run when I start the
    computer, sometimes finds nothing. But running other reg. cleaner it detects
    loads.

    Tim, Aug 3, 2003