Re: Reference Material On Server Chassis Design?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by AG, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. AG

    AG Guest

    "Richard Ballard" <> wrote in message
    > I am investigating designing a line of network servers and I
    > seek information on server chassis design. I particularly am
    > interested in eliminating EMF interference effects, and in
    > design for quiet and efficient chassis cooling and ventilation.
    >
    > My past experience is with Compaq and HP network servers.
    > IMO the HP servers featured superior mechanical design, and
    > I want to determine if I can improve on the COTS HP server
    > design and cost in custom products.
    >
    > Besides Internet FAQs, can anybody provide suitable reference
    > material discussing these top ics? Reading is much preferable
    > to amateurishly bending metal.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Richard Ballard MSEE CNA4 KD0AZ
    > --
    > Consultant specializing in computer networks, imaging & security
    > Listed as rjballard in "Friends & Favorites" at www.amazon.com
    > Last book review: "The Blood Countess: A Novel"
    > by Andre Codrescu

    Sounds like a good idea. Our server room sounds like a train going past
    continually. If I'm in the room next to it I can't talk on a phone due to
    all the fan noise. I'd suggest looking at some of the low noise fans that
    are available from different sources, round cables and maybe even heat pipes
    on the processor.
    Good luck.
    AG
    AG, Jan 30, 2004