Re: Redondo Beach

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by tony cooper, Jan 21, 2011.

  1. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:58:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello:
    >
    >I took this photo of Redondo Beach:
    >
    >http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >
    >Thanks for your comments about photography.

    PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
    two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
    alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.

    This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
    no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
    This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.

    Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
    are too far away to show any detail.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 21, 2011

  2. tony cooper

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:...

    <> wrote:

    >>Hello:
    >>
    >>I took this photo of Redondo Beach:
    >>
    >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >>
    >>Thanks for your comments about photography.

    > PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
    > two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
    > alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.
    >
    > This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
    > no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
    > This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.
    >
    > Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
    > are too far away to show any detail.
    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Hello Tony, thanks for your answer, a curiosity, but if I took the photo
    below, in your opinion, could be a lack of respect for people who are
    basking in the sun?

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jan 21, 2011

  3. tony cooper

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:32:19 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    <> wrote:

    >"tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >noticias:...
    >
    >On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 21:58:01 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>>Hello:
    >>>
    >>>I took this photo of Redondo Beach:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for your comments about photography.

    >> PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
    >> two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
    >> alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.
    >>
    >> This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
    >> no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
    >> This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.
    >>
    >> Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
    >> are too far away to show any detail.
    >> --
    >> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >Hello Tony, thanks for your answer, a curiosity, but if I took the photo
    >below, in your opinion, could be a lack of respect for people who are
    >basking in the sun?

    You have to deal with the local customs in Peru and how the people
    there would deal with a photographer taking pictures of them. I
    suspect, though, that you would be almost unnoticed unless you got
    right up in their faces.

    You don't have to take close-up photographs of people to include
    people in your shots. In a beach scene, figures that are not facing
    the camera can be interesting. The back of a child, for example,
    playing in the sand with the waves in the background. What you do
    need to do is personalize your photos by getting close enough that
    every subject in the photo contributes to the image.

    When you frame the photo as you take it, consider what you want the
    photo to show. In this case, if you thought about it, you would not
    want to show a parking lot or group of ordinary automobiles. The
    scene is a beach, and the sand, the water, the waves, and the people
    are what makes that type of photo interesting.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jan 21, 2011
  4. tony cooper

    <> wrote:

    >>"tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>noticias:...

    >>> PLEASE learn to cross-post if you are going to put the same post in
    >>> two different groups. The newsgroup line should read:
    >>> alt.photography, rec.photo.digital. That's what I've done here.
    >>>
    >>> This photo is a step backwards for you. The cars on the beach are of
    >>> no interest. The people are so small that they are without interest.
    >>> This is just a scene from far away that has no point of interest.
    >>>
    >>> Everything of interest is in the top right third of the image, but you
    >>> are too far away to show any detail.
    >>> --
    >>> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >>Hello Tony, thanks for your answer, a curiosity, but if I took the photo
    >>below, in your opinion, could be a lack of respect for people who are
    >>basking in the sun?

    > You have to deal with the local customs in Peru and how the people
    > there would deal with a photographer taking pictures of them. I
    > suspect, though, that you would be almost unnoticed unless you got
    > right up in their faces.
    >
    > You don't have to take close-up photographs of people to include
    > people in your shots. In a beach scene, figures that are not facing
    > the camera can be interesting. The back of a child, for example,
    > playing in the sand with the waves in the background. What you do
    > need to do is personalize your photos by getting close enough that
    > every subject in the photo contributes to the image.
    >
    > When you frame the photo as you take it, consider what you want the
    > photo to show. In this case, if you thought about it, you would not
    > want to show a parking lot or group of ordinary automobiles. The
    > scene is a beach, and the sand, the water, the waves, and the people
    > are what makes that type of photo interesting.
    >

    > --
    > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
    another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some surfing,
    here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/

    By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
    better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/

    Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes fast

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jan 22, 2011
  5. tony cooper

    otter Guest

    On Jan 21, 6:41 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > "tony cooper"  escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:...
    >
    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:32:19 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
    >

    > <> wrote:
    > >>"tony cooper"  escribió en el mensaje de
    > >>noticias:...

    > >>Hello Tony, thanks for your answer, a curiosity, but if I took the photo
    > >>below, in your opinion, could be a lack of respect for people who are
    > >>basking in the sun?

    > > You have to deal with the local customs in Peru and how the people
    > > there would deal with a photographer taking pictures of them.  I
    > > suspect, though, that you would be almost unnoticed unless you got
    > > right up in their faces.

    > > You don't have to take close-up photographs of people to include
    > > people in your shots.  In a beach scene, figures that are not facing
    > > the camera can be interesting.  The back of a child, for example,
    > > playing in the sand with the waves in the background.  What you do
    > > need to do is personalize your photos by getting close enough that
    > > every subject in the photo contributes to the image.

    > > When you frame the photo as you take it, consider what you want the
    > > photo to show.  In this case, if you thought about it, you would not
    > > want to show a parking lot or group of ordinary automobiles.  The
    > > scene is a beach, and the sand, the water, the waves, and the people
    > > are what makes that type of photo interesting.

    > > --
    > > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    > Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
    > another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some surfing,
    > here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/
    >
    > By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
    > better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >
    > Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes fast
    >
    > --
    > MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
    mention that fact when you post it here. Until then, I'm not going to
    look at your videos.
    otter, Jan 23, 2011
  6. tony cooper

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "otter" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:...

    On Jan 21, 6:41 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >> "tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:...

    >> > You have to deal with the local customs in Peru and how the people
    >> > there would deal with a photographer taking pictures of them. I
    >> > suspect, though, that you would be almost unnoticed unless you got
    >> > right up in their faces.

    >> > You don't have to take close-up photographs of people to include
    >> > people in your shots. In a beach scene, figures that are not facing
    >> > the camera can be interesting. The back of a child, for example,
    >> > playing in the sand with the waves in the background. What you do
    >> > need to do is personalize your photos by getting close enough that
    >> > every subject in the photo contributes to the image.

    >> > When you frame the photo as you take it, consider what you want the
    >> > photo to show. In this case, if you thought about it, you would not
    >> > want to show a parking lot or group of ordinary automobiles. The
    >> > scene is a beach, and the sand, the water, the waves, and the people
    >> > are what makes that type of photo interesting.

    >> > --
    >> > Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

    >> Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
    >> another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some
    >> surfing,
    >> here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/
    >>
    >> By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
    >> better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >>
    >> Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes
    >> fast
    >>
    >> --
    >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
    > mention that fact when you post it here. Until then, I'm not going to
    > look at your videos.

    Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find it
    very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
    something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
    interesting:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/

    It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jan 27, 2011
  7. tony cooper

    peter Guest

    On 1/27/2011 4:27 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > "otter" escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:...
    >
    > On Jan 21, 6:41 pm, "mmyvusenet"<> wrote:
    >>> "tony cooper" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>> noticias:...

    >>> Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
    >>> another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some
    >>> surfing,
    >>> here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/
    >>>
    >>> By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
    >>> better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/
    >>>
    >>> Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes
    >>> fast
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    >> Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
    >> mention that fact when you post it here. Until then, I'm not going to
    >> look at your videos.

    > Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find it
    > very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
    > something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
    > interesting:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/
    >
    > It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.

    Miguel, you sound like you really want to improve your photography.

    Here is a link to some helpful comments on landscape photography.
    Although it is a commercial site, there is lots of good information there.

    <http://www.digital-photography-school.com/adding-emotion-and-feeling-to-photographs?

    --
    Peter
    peter, Jan 28, 2011
  8. tony cooper

    otter Guest

    On Jan 27, 3:27 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    > "otter"  escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:....
    >
    > On Jan 21, 6:41 pm, "mmyvusenet" <> wrote:
    >

    > >> "tony cooper"  escribió en el mensaje de
    > >> noticias:...

    > >> Hello Tony, thanks for your comment, I also recorded a short video of
    > >> another beach, which is mainly for those who wish to practice some
    > >> surfing,
    > >> here soon I hope to make some interesting photos:

    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5376545610/

    > >> By the way, I replaced the previous photo for this one, which I think is
    > >> better appreciated the extent of the beach with fewer distractions:

    > >>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5373746061/

    > >> Something strange of this summer, is that the sunshine, sometimes goes
    > >> fast

    > >> --
    > >> MMYVhttp://www.mmyv.com

    > > Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
    > > mention that fact when you post it here.  Until then, I'm not going to
    > > look at your videos.

    > Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find it
    > very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
    > something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
    > interesting:
    >
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/
    >
    > It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.
    >
    > --

    I have yet to see any videos from you that aren't shaky. I didn't
    look at this one, since you didn't say you used a tripod. If you ever
    do, please let me know. thanks.
    otter, Jan 28, 2011
  9. tony cooper

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "peter" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:4d4220da$0$5678$-secrets.com...

    On 1/27/2011 4:27 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >> "otter" escribió en el mensaje de
    >> noticias:...

    >>> Miguel, if you ever happen to shoot video using a tripod, please
    >>> mention that fact when you post it here. Until then, I'm not going to
    >>> look at your videos.

    >> Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find
    >> it
    >> very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
    >> something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
    >> interesting:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/
    >>
    >> It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.
    >>

    > Miguel, you sound like you really want to improve your photography.
    >
    > Here is a link to some helpful comments on landscape photography. Although
    > it is a commercial site, there is lots of good information there.
    >
    > <http://www.digital-photography-school.com/adding-emotion-and-feeling-to-photographs?
    >

    > --
    > Peter

    Hello, thanks, I'll read carefully these recommendations.

    --
    MMYV
    http://www.mmyv.com
    mmyvusenet, Jan 31, 2011
  10. tony cooper

    peter Guest

    On 1/30/2011 11:15 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    > "peter" escribió en el mensaje de
    > noticias:4d4220da$0$5678$-secrets.com...
    >
    > On 1/27/2011 4:27 PM, mmyvusenet wrote:
    >>> "otter" escribió en el mensaje de
    >>> noticias:...

    >>> Hello Otter, sometimes I take the photos on the way to work, and I find
    >>> it
    >>> very difficult to carry a Tripode, but I think this video can you like
    >>> something, I think that at least by the intention to do something
    >>> interesting:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/5392928395/
    >>>
    >>> It was in a moment that quickly disappeared sunshine.
    >>>

    >> Miguel, you sound like you really want to improve your photography.
    >>
    >> Here is a link to some helpful comments on landscape photography. Although
    >> it is a commercial site, there is lots of good information there.
    >>
    >> <http://www.digital-photography-school.com/adding-emotion-and-feeling-to-photographs?
    >>

    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Hello, thanks, I'll read carefully these recommendations.
    >
    > --

    I truly hope you take what helps from those articles. Don't follow
    slavishly, but use them as a source of ideas to improve your style.

    --
    Peter
    there is a difference between adoptive influence and copying.
    peter, Feb 1, 2011