Re: Redhat 9 for free?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by T.N.O., Aug 20, 2003.

  1. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    madknoxie wrote
    > If you don't mind waiting another day, I can just download them here at
    > home and have them for you soonish (12-14 hours per ISO)

    yeah the hospital has a quick connection, but I usually ask before
    grabbing such large downloads, it tends to 'flood' the connection a
    tad, making all other PC's have slow internet, so doctors/nurses etc
    cant check their hotmai... err I mean medical diaries :)

    Im grabing it from a nice guy who is charging me a beer at the next
    meeting of n.r.d.g at toast... friday isnt it?
    T.N.O., Aug 20, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    Miche Guest

    In article <>,
    (T.N.O.) wrote:

    > madknoxie wrote
    > > If you don't mind waiting another day, I can just download them here at
    > > home and have them for you soonish (12-14 hours per ISO)

    > yeah the hospital has a quick connection, but I usually ask before
    > grabbing such large downloads, it tends to 'flood' the connection a
    > tad, making all other PC's have slow internet, so doctors/nurses etc
    > cant check their hotmai... err I mean medical diaries :)
    >
    > Im grabing it from a nice guy who is charging me a beer at the next
    > meeting of n.r.d.g at toast... friday isnt it?

    Friday 29th.

    Miche

    --
    If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
    -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"
    Miche, Aug 20, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    madknoxie <> wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > madknoxie <> wrote:
    >
    >> In article <>,
    >> (T.N.O.) wrote:
    >>
    >>> madknoxie wrote
    >>>
    >>> yeah the hospital has a quick connection, but I usually ask before
    >>> grabbing such large downloads, it tends to 'flood' the connection a
    >>> tad, making all other PC's have slow internet, so doctors/nurses etc
    >>> cant check their hotmai... err I mean medical diaries :)
    >>>
    >>> Im grabing it from a nice guy who is charging me a beer at the next
    >>> meeting of n.r.d.g at toast... friday isnt it?

    >> Hehe, its next Friday (29th), not this one.

    > Hey Dave (or N.Sherlock), have you heard about the sobig.f virus? My
    > soon-to-be mother in law has just had it infect her computer. Is there
    > any easy way to deal with it?

    I'm neither, but yes...
    Standalone removal tool...

    http://www.sophos.com/misc/sobigsfx.exe