Re: Recycle Bin Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Boomer, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Boomer

    Boomer Guest

    -- Alan -- said:

    > Hello,
    >
    > my recycle bin icon on the desktop shows that there is something
    > in it. When I double click the bin, there is nothing in it. When
    > I right click the bin and select empty it says 'are you sure you
    > want to delete Windows?'. When I click yes, it makes the sound it
    > normally does when it empties, but the icon still shows there is
    > something in it. I can try to empty it any number of times, but it
    > still says do you want to delete windows. Even a reboot doesn't
    > help.
    >
    > I have XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Alan

    Do you have Norton Protected Recycle Bin turned on?
    Boomer, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Boomer

    -- Alan -- Guest

    I have Norton Internet Security. I'm sure protected recycle bin is not part
    of that. It's not installed/or turned on anyway

    Thanks though

    -- Alan --, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Boomer

    Liz Guest