Re: Recording vinyl and can't hear music

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mango, Apr 2, 2009.

  1. Mango

    Mango Guest

    Possibly the turntable is muted from within Volume Control. To access this, select Accessories from the Start menu, then select
    Multimedia, then select Volume Control.

    You may need to select Properties from the Options menu to be sure that the volume control you're after is not hidden. Additionally,
    you may need to select a different mixer device.

    Good luck
    m.

    Mango, Apr 2, 2009

  2. Mango

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 16:12:06 -0700, Mango <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Possibly the turntable is muted from within Volume Control. To access
    >>this, select Accessories from the Start menu, then select Multimedia,
    >>then select Volume Control.
    >>
    >>You may need to select Properties from the Options menu to be sure that
    >>the volume control you're after is not hidden. Additionally, you may
    >>need to select a different mixer device.
    >>
    >>Good luck
    >>m.
    >>

    > Thanks. One of the first things I did was to check on any inputs being
    > muted and they weren't. And the input volume seems fine since when I
    > play the sounds back the volume is where I want it.

    The easiest way to tell if there's *any* signal coming through is based on
    that you get VU bars appearing beside the volume slider if there's a signal.
    If you raise the slider all the way up and you don't, well it's either muted
    or you're getting no signal through that channel.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 2, 2009

  3. Mango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 02:58:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >The easiest way to tell if there's *any* signal coming through is based on
    >that you get VU bars appearing beside the volume slider if there's a signal.

    Wow.

    Read much chucktard?

    From the OP:

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  4. Mango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 23:00:15 -0400, wrote:

    >Yes, I can see the VU bars and there is sound coming in.

    Yes, you said that in your original post. Feel free to ignore
    chuctard, he's completely useless.

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  5. Mango

    chuckcar Guest

    wrote in

    > On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 02:58:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >> wrote in

    >>> Thanks. One of the first things I did was to check on any inputs being
    >>> muted and they weren't. And the input volume seems fine since when I
    >>> play the sounds back the volume is where I want it.
    >>>

    >>The easiest way to tell if there's *any* signal coming through is based
    >>on that you get VU bars appearing beside the volume slider if there's a
    >>signal. If you raise the slider all the way up and you don't, well it's
    >>either muted or you're getting no signal through that channel.

    > Yes, I can see the VU bars and there is sound coming in. And it's being
    > recorded as I can play it back. I just can't hear it during the
    > recording process. I found a fix for the Audacity program, there was a
    > box unchecked. But I'd like to get Goldwave working so I can hear the
    > recording as it's being made, as this is my program of choice for these
    > things.

    If you don't get any VU bars with the wave or synthesizer channels, it
    just isn't fed to your speakers period. You'll have to trace *where* the
    sound is coming through to get anywhere.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 2, 2009
  6. Mango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:00:29 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >If you don't get any VU bars with the wave or synthesizer channels, it
    >just isn't fed to your speakers period. You'll have to trace *where* the
    >sound is coming through to get anywhere.

    "Yes, I can see the VU bars".

    Are you that stupid??

    OP: Feel free to ignore chucktard. He's ... useless, to say the least.

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  7. Mango

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:40:56 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    wrote:

    >Feel free to hump his poast EXACTLY two minutes after he's poasted.

    Yeah. Because chucktard's clock is accurate.

    Thanks for playing.
    *plonk*

    Evan Platt, Apr 2, 2009
  8. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:00:29 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> If you don't get any VU bars with the wave or synthesizer channels, it
    >> just isn't fed to your speakers period. You'll have to trace *where* the
    >> sound is coming through to get anywhere.

    > "Yes, I can see the VU bars".
    >
    > Are you that stupid??

    Your Chuck-addiction is noted, mocked and xpoasted to an appropo froup.

    > OP: Feel free to ignore chucktard. He's ... useless, to say the least.

    Feel free to hump his poast EXACTLY two minutes after he's poasted.

    YEah, no Chuck-0bs3sS10n there Ebby :)

    ROTFLMAO!

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 2, 2009
  9. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 02:58:56 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The easiest way to tell if there's *any* signal coming through is based on
    >> that you get VU bars appearing beside the volume slider if there's a signal.

    > Wow.

    Yeah, you're one dedicated Chuck-addict :)

    > Read much chucktard?

    Hump his poasts much, Ebby?

    You must have been slacking since you responded a whole 13 minutes after
    Chuck poasted.
    Waitaminute...did I say slacking? I ment whacking.

    ^_^

    --
    http://www.eyeonpalin.org
    ________ ______ _____________

    §ñühw¤£f, Apr 2, 2009
  10. Mango

    Ben Guest

    On Apr 2, 5:05 pm, Evan Platt <>
    wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:40:56 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Feel free to hump his poast EXACTLY two minutes after he's poasted.

    > Yeah. Because chucktard's clock is accurate.
    >
    > Thanks for playing.
    > *plonk*

    I have an ION turntable and had the same problem. In XP go to start,
    control panel, sound and audio devices and make sure you have the
    right audio card listed, and under the audio tab make sure that it is
    not set to "USB audio codex" if it is change it to another option.
    This worked with mine.

    Ben, Apr 3, 2009
  11. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 15:40:56 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Feel free to hump his poast EXACTLY two minutes after he's poasted.

    > Yeah. Because chucktard's clock is accurate.
    >

    > Thanks for playing.

    Thanks for running! Away!

    > *plonk*

    SPNAK