Re: recording subtitles off teletext with tv cards

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jan 8, 2009.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    Puddle wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am interested in setting up a media player, one of the things I would
    > like to be able to do is set a time to record a program but have it also
    > record the teletext subtitles. Anyone know of a pci card or usb
    > solution with software that will allow this? Would be nice if the
    > subtitles were saved in a separate file so that they aren't hard
    > embedded into the video file also.

    gbpvr can do that it appears - I have ended up with .srt files in the
    same folder as the .ts file in the past.

    Check on geekzone since there are many users of it there, HD requires a
    grunty machine to playback but SD off satillite should be fine on any
    dinosaur since its just SD MPEG2 like a dvd.

    Richard, Jan 8, 2009