Re: Recording from Win TV and burning to DVD disc.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Helpful guy, Feb 20, 2009.

  1. Helpful guy

    Helpful guy Guest

    "Mick Cant" <> wrote in message
    > Hi again,
    > Mick here, I am using the "Burn DVD Video Files" button in Nero
    > I have a side show programme (xat.com) that makes a Vidio_TS file and use
    > the "Burn DVD Video Files" ok and make playable disc!
    >
    > But VideoRe Do will only let me make a DVD (*vob) file ? but I am trying
    > to use the "Burn DVD Video Files" button .
    >
    > I then get a message saying:
    > The file VTS*vob is larger than 2 GB and theafore cannot be stored in a
    > ISO file system.

    One method of turning a single large vob into a compliant dvd is to use
    vobedit and ifoedit.
    First you use vobedit to demux the audio and video streams.
    Then you use ifoedit to author a dvd.
    You can then burn the dvd with the burn dvd video files option in Nero.
    Google will find more detailed instructions.

    Helpful guy, Feb 20, 2009

  2. Helpful guy

    doS Guest

    www.womble.com
    also are you using ntfs?

    doS, Feb 21, 2009

  3. Helpful guy

    Helpful guy Guest

    "Mick Cant" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
    > "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

    I think that was gathered.
    No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
    As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
    Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
    spent the last 30 years writing.
    I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
    free.

    Helpful guy, Feb 22, 2009
  4. Helpful guy

    M.L. Guest

    >> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask what
    >> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

    >I think that was gathered.
    >No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
    >As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
    >Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must have
    >spent the last 30 years writing.
    >I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
    >free.

    There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
    does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

    M.L., Feb 23, 2009
  5. Helpful guy

    Helpful guy Guest

    "M.L." <> wrote in message

    >>> Hi, thanks for the link, it looks interesting, am sorry but can I ask
    >>> what
    >>> "ntfs" is, is it a file type? I am not technical on editing.

    >>I think that was gathered.
    >>No, NTFS is not a file type, but you are close.
    >>As for Wombles, well, you can either leave them to do whatever they do on
    >>Wimbledon common or you can spend money on the software which they must
    >>have
    >>spent the last 30 years writing.
    >>I wouldn't touch it, I'd just learn something technical and do it all for
    >>free.

    > There is no freeware comparative to Womble. No freeware mpeg editor
    > does smart reencoding with effects the way Womble can.

    I'll take your word for it Tobermorey.
    I've been doing mpeg reencoding for a long time and I've never heard of
    womble (in the mpeg reencoding context) until now.

    Helpful guy, Feb 23, 2009