    used/needed, I would appreciate it.

    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Nov 3, 2007

  2. Bob Bob

    Flyer Guest

    "Bob Bob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    > I am looking to find others who may have done this successfully
    > already. I had done some research a while ago and discovered a USB
    > turntable but remember some post recording issues like needed to
    > remove the physical noise made during the actual transfer--and
    > probably more, but I don't remember.
    >
    > If anyone can share some experiences and, possibly the equipment
    > used/needed, I would appreciate it.

    I used a regular turntable, with a pre-amp to feed into the sound card
    input. I used WaveCorrector and/or Goldwave for the "pop & click" filters.
    Depending on the software, and your patience, you can get good results, but
    I'd recommend giving the vinyl a good clean first to remove the crap that
    gathers in the grooves. Good luck.

    P.

    Flyer, Nov 3, 2007

  3. Bob Bob

    dadiOH Guest

    Bob Bob wrote:
    > Hi
    > I am looking to find others who may have done this successfully
    > already. I had done some research a while ago and discovered a USB
    > turntable but remember some post recording issues like needed to
    > remove the physical noise made during the actual transfer--and
    > probably more, but I don't remember.
    >
    > If anyone can share some experiences and, possibly the equipment
    > used/needed, I would appreciate it.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Bob

    See my dandies below

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Nov 3, 2007
  4. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:20:36 GMT, "Flyer" <> wrote:

    >"Bob Bob" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi
    >> I am looking to find others who may have done this successfully
    >> already. I had done some research a while ago and discovered a USB
    >> turntable but remember some post recording issues like needed to
    >> remove the physical noise made during the actual transfer--and
    >> probably more, but I don't remember.
    >>
    >> If anyone can share some experiences and, possibly the equipment
    >> used/needed, I would appreciate it.

    >I used a regular turntable, with a pre-amp to feed into the sound card
    >input. I used WaveCorrector and/or Goldwave for the "pop & click" filters.
    >Depending on the software, and your patience, you can get good results, but
    >I'd recommend giving the vinyl a good clean first to remove the crap that
    >gathers in the grooves. Good luck.
    >
    >P.

    Thanks for the note back.
    Would the USB turntable have made it easier? I will look at the two
    packages you mentioned.
    Did you use just soap and water--like dish soap?
    I can understand about the patience.
    Thanks Again.
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Nov 4, 2007
  5. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:44:13 GMT, "dadiOH" <>
    wrote:

    >Bob Bob wrote:
    >> Hi
    >> I am looking to find others who may have done this successfully
    >> already. I had done some research a while ago and discovered a USB
    >> turntable but remember some post recording issues like needed to
    >> remove the physical noise made during the actual transfer--and
    >> probably more, but I don't remember.
    >>
    >> If anyone can share some experiences and, possibly the equipment
    >> used/needed, I would appreciate it.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >> Bob

    >See my dandies below

    Hey, quite a site!!
    Lots to digest there.
    I appreciate the help.
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Nov 4, 2007
  6. Bob Bob

    Flyer Guest

    "Bob Bob" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:20:36 GMT, "Flyer" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"Bob Bob" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi
    >>> I am looking to find others who may have done this successfully
    >>> already. I had done some research a while ago and discovered a USB
    >>> turntable but remember some post recording issues like needed to
    >>> remove the physical noise made during the actual transfer--and
    >>> probably more, but I don't remember.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone can share some experiences and, possibly the equipment
    >>> used/needed, I would appreciate it.

    >>I used a regular turntable, with a pre-amp to feed into the sound card
    >>input. I used WaveCorrector and/or Goldwave for the "pop & click" filters.
    >>Depending on the software, and your patience, you can get good results,
    >>but
    >>I'd recommend giving the vinyl a good clean first to remove the crap that
    >>gathers in the grooves. Good luck.
    >>
    >>P.
    >>

    > Thanks for the note back.
    > Would the USB turntable have made it easier? I will look at the two
    > packages you mentioned.
    > Did you use just soap and water--like dish soap?
    > I can understand about the patience.
    > Thanks Again.
    > Bob

    Already had the turntable from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back when ;-) (Mid 70's, A
    Pioneer PL550D Direct Drive, for those into that sort of thing, with a Shure
    cartridge, if memory serves, it was around the £200 sterling mark at the
    time.), so haven't tried the USB version.
    As for cleaning, anything neutral and non-abrasive, though I did use a
    proprietry cleaner at the time.

    P.

    Flyer, Nov 4, 2007
  7. Bob Bob

    nobody > Guest

    Bob Bob wrote:

    > Thanks for the note back.
    > Would the USB turntable have made it easier? I will look at the two
    > packages you mentioned.
    > Did you use just soap and water--like dish soap?
    > I can understand about the patience.
    > Thanks Again.
    > Bob

    A Discwasher D4 kit is excellent for final cleaning of vinyl.
    Use the soap and water only if the peanut butter dried on.

    http://www.onecall.com/ProductSearch.aspx?N=1105

    Back in vinyl's hayday there were at least 300 different "cleaning
    systems" out there. There's still a few left. Google
    record cleaner

    nobody >, Nov 4, 2007