Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Mark Broadbent, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. HI A.N. I've read all the replys and I guess my suggestion is to avoid the
    SQL exams if you can find another product which you can relate to more.
    Both the SQL exams I found were amongst the hardest I have done (although
    you dont get scores anymore so you cant really tell), since I like to learn
    a product properly I spent a long time studying (longer than any other
    exams), and must admit that there is still a hell of a lot of things that I
    am learning. In fact many of the SQL MVPs would probably agree that however
    much of SQL you learn, there is always something new to find.

    Dont let me talk you out of choosing it if thats what you really want to do,
    just make sure you can play with the product whilst learning.

    Book Recommendations .....I must admit that I have a lot of SQL books,
    however you would probably find that getting the SQL Transcender and using
    the SQL books online will help you as much as any book

    Good luck with your employment!

    --
    BR,

    Mark Broadbent mcse+i, mcdba
    _________________________

    Mark Broadbent, Jul 23, 2003

  2. I too found the 228 exam to be very tough. In fact it's the only one I've
    failed to date [knock]. Although they did not give scores I know the
    questions I found difficult were the ones about designing and
    optimization--things as a SQL admin I leave to the developers. [How many
    developers really want an admin-type messing with their tables???] The
    admin/developer boundary is eroding and a competitive position to be is to
    know both. SQL along with .NET Framework and Web services are areas where
    this boundary is eroding the quickest.

    For this reason I do believe the MCDBA is a valuable credential and set of
    skills to master for those who are considering where to focus their
    specialization. I recommend 228 for anyone who aspires to MCDBA as this is
    a common requirement. This is also a good choice for anyone who wishes to
    impress employers beyond just a four letter certification. For those who
    just want a piece of paper starting MCSwhatever then skip the 228--there are
    easier roads to travel.

    Michele Adams, Aug 11, 2003

  3. "Michele Adams" <shelly%at%lv.org> wrote in message
    > I too found the 228 exam to be very tough. In fact it's the only one I've
    > failed to date [knock]. Although they did not give scores I know the
    > questions I found difficult were the ones about designing and
    > optimization--things as a SQL admin I leave to the developers. [How many
    > developers really want an admin-type messing with their tables???] The
    > admin/developer boundary is eroding and a competitive position to be is to
    > know both. SQL along with .NET Framework and Web services are areas where
    > this boundary is eroding the quickest.
    >
    > For this reason I do believe the MCDBA is a valuable credential and set of
    > skills to master for those who are considering where to focus their
    > specialization. I recommend 228 for anyone who aspires to MCDBA as this

    is
    > a common requirement. This is also a good choice for anyone who wishes to
    > impress employers beyond just a four letter certification. For those who
    > just want a piece of paper starting MCSwhatever then skip the 228--there

    are
    > easier roads to travel.

    Michelle, ma belle
    These are words that go together well
    My Michelle

    Michelle, ma belle
    Sont des mots qui vont tre's bien ensemble
    Tre's bien ensemble

    I love you, I love you, I love you
    That's all I want to say
    Until I find a way
    I will say the only words I know you'll understand

    Michelle, ma belle
    Sont des mots qui vont tre's bien ensemble
    Tre's bien ensemble

    I need to, I need to, I need to
    I need to make you see
    Oh, what you mean to me
    Until I do I'm hoping you will know what I mean
    I love you

    I want you, I want you, I want you
    I think you know by now
    I'll get to you some how
    Until I do I'm telling you so you'll understand

    Michelle, ma belle
    Sont des mots qui vont tre's bien ensemble
    Tre's bien ensemble
    And I will say the only words I know that you'll understand
    My Michelle

    --
    Fris "The fifth Beatle" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help
    Frisbee® MCNGP, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Mark Broadbent

    Jtyc Guest

    You French scumbag... You forgot to run up the white flag after you finished
    your song.
    Jtyc, Aug 11, 2003
  5. Mark Broadbent

    billyw Guest

    Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
    Ni Le Bien Qu`on M`a Fait, Ni Le Mal
    Tout Ca M`est Bien Egal
    Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
    C`est Paye, Balaye, Oublie, Je Me Fous Du Passe

    Avec Mes Souvenirs J`ai Allume Le Feu
    Mes Shagrins, Mes Plaisirs,
    Je N`ai Plus Besoin D`eux
    Balaye Les Amours Avec Leurs Tremolos
    Balaye Pour Toujours
    Je Reparas A Zero

    Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
    Ni Le Bien Qu`on M`a Fait, Ni Le Mal
    Tout Ca M`est Bien Egal
    Non, Rien De Rien, Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien
    Car Ma Vie, Car Me Joies
    Aujourd`hui Ca Commence Avec Toi

    billyw, Aug 11, 2003
  6. Mark Broadbent