Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by vt, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. vt

    vt Guest

    If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
    that you do have experience with.

    --
    vt

    vt, Jun 29, 2003

  2. vt

    A.N.Other Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:29:27 -0700, "vt" <> wrote:

    >If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
    >that you do have experience with.

    I could do 70-216, but I hear it's pretty difficult. I could also do
    SMS 2.0, but I gather that it's quite an evil exam and it'll probably
    expired a lot sooner than SQL. With SQL, I figured I could learn
    something new, plus get a longer lasting qualification.
    A.N.Other, Jun 29, 2003

  3. vt

    Our Man Abu Guest

    If
    "vt" <> wrote in message
    > If you have no experience with SQL I would recommend you use an elective
    > that you do have experience with.
    >
    > --

    If there was ever a product where this is sound advice, SQL Server is it. I
    remember some years back a colleague has passed serveral networking
    certification exams and on his resume said that certifications in C++ and
    SQL Server were "pending" when he had no experience with either. I told him
    that I didn't know much about the MCSE side of the equation, but having had
    my MCSD, I told him he needed a fair amount of hands on with these products
    before he could consider certification. He never did get these certs.
    Talking certification without wanting to make the sacrifice of at least
    "getting your hands" dirty for a few months is a bad idea.
    Our Man Abu, Jun 29, 2003
  4. vt

    Consultant Guest

    how's aladin?