Re: Recommendations for SQL 2000 Admin 70-228 textbook ?

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Andy Foster, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Andy Foster

    Andy Foster Guest

    "A.N.Other" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking to complete my MCSA with SQL 2000 Admin as the elective.
    > The thing is, I have precisely nil experience with SQL.
    >
    > I've just been laid off, so I'm looking to get the MCSA as soon as I
    > can in the hope that will assist me in finding work again. As a
    > result, I'm reluctant to buy the usual Microsoft phone book sized
    > self-study manual, as this will take ages to wade through. Can someone
    > suggest a good trainer for 70-228 that doesn't assume that you know
    > the system already, but equally doesn't try to be a full-on reference
    > manual as well?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!

    So, you want to pass the exam without all the hassle of actually learning
    the product ?
    Think having SQL as an elective will help you land a job as a DBA ? With no
    experience ?
    Go to your room and think about what you've done, and don't come downstairs
    until you're ready to apologise.

    HTH

    Andy
    Andy Foster, Jun 28, 2003

  2. Andy Foster

    A.N.Other Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:45:05 +0100, "Andy Foster"
    <> wrote:

    >So, you want to pass the exam without all the hassle of actually learning
    >the product ?
    >Think having SQL as an elective will help you land a job as a DBA ? With no
    >experience ?
    >Go to your room and think about what you've done, and don't come downstairs
    >until you're ready to apologise.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Andy

    Erm, excuse me??? If I wanted to cheat, I'd just go to a brain dump
    site.

    As you're doubtless aware, some manuals are good and some are a load
    of rubbish. I still want a good one, and am prepared to commit to
    studying SQL. All I'm trying to do is avoid getting one of those
    manuals that goes into waaaaayyy too much detail because it's trying
    too hard to be a full on reference manual at the same time.
    A.N.Other, Jun 29, 2003