Re: Recommendation for 70-310 book

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by General Protection Fault, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Justin K. McDaniel wrote:
    > Recommendations for 70-310 book? This is my last one for MCAD, and I have
    > been using MS Press books with a transcender follow up and like that combo
    > (70-305, 70-229). Also has anyone used the MS Press book for 70-310 and
    > what are the opinions on it?

    Kalani's book from Que is the bomb for 70-320. I think they publish a
    310 book in the same style. If they don't, just learn C# and use
    Kalani's book. The language doesn't matter anyway.

    I used Kalani's book with nothing else and passed with a 1006.

    General Protection Fault, Nov 21, 2003

  2. General Protection Fault

    Eric Engler Guest

    >I used Kalani's book with nothing else and passed with a 1006.

    That's a great score!

    I also like the Kalani books. But, I don't think there are any books
    like it for VB.NET.

    The thing I like the most about Kalani is the step-by-step examples
    that demonstrate how to do everything.

    Eric

    Eric Engler, Nov 21, 2003

  3. General Protection Fault

    Grant Guest

    I used the MS Press book (passed the exam yesterday with
    905). I found the book frustratingly sparse when it came
    to certain topics. As an example, hosting .NET remoting
    objects under IIS is mentioned in one paragraph only. I
    referred to other MSDN articles and used the MeasureUP
    tests a fair bit.

    for this topic.

    Grant, Nov 22, 2003
  4. General Protection Fault