Re: Recommend good free firewall software for home use.....

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by ~misfit~, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Ed-Gee" <> wrote in message
    > I was too lazy to install firewall and had msblast worm on my pc last

    night.
    > Yeah, I deserve this cause I know about firewall and have used it in the
    > past. Ever since I rebuilt my PC I had only AV put back, but kept

    postponing
    > installing FW software.
    >
    > My question is can someone recommend a good free firewall software that is
    > available on the net to download for home use. I used to use "Zone Alarm"
    > with my old win98 PC and it worked fine. I used "Black Ice" at work but
    > haven't got license to have it on my home pc. There may be newer better

    ones
    > available these days. Your recommendation is highly appreciated.
    >
    > Oh.. And if you want to know what happened with msblast.... Well I guess I
    > am a bit lucky. Before it start functioning, I found that file on my

    HDD...

    <snip>

    S'cuse my ignorance but what file?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Aug 14, 2003

  2. "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > > Oh.. And if you want to know what happened with msblast.... Well I guess

    > > am a bit lucky. Before it start functioning, I found that file on my

    > HDD...
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > S'cuse my ignorance but what file?
    > --

    msblast.exe

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock

    Nicholas Sherlock, Aug 14, 2003

  3. ~misfit~

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Nicholas Sherlock" <> wrote in message
    > "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > > > Oh.. And if you want to know what happened with msblast.... Well I

    guess
    > > > am a bit lucky. Before it start functioning, I found that file on my

    > > HDD...
    > >
    > > <snip>
    > >
    > > S'cuse my ignorance but what file?
    > > --

    > msblast.exe

    Thanks. I'm fairly sure I'm clean but just scanning my LAN now for the file.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Aug 14, 2003