Re: Recommend ATA please

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dave Angel, Dec 14, 2007.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    > Unless you're calling other SIP endpoints, i.e. your calls are entirely
    > VoIP, then I'd be really interested to know what VoIP provider you're
    > using that's cheaper than a landline, please?

    Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
    Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
    in the UK at any time, pay as you go. BT charge 5p immediately even
    if you speak to someone for 30 seconds (which I often do). All this
    adds up.
    Dave Angel, Dec 14, 2007

  2. Dave Angel

    Guest

    On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:48:22 -0800 (PST), Dave Angel
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
    >Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
    >in the UK at any time, pay as you go.

    Voipcheap.com charge round about 8 euro for 4 months of free calls to
    many places in the world , Voipcheap must be the cheapest around at
    the moment when your free calls run out you can either pay another 8
    euro to renew your calls or use your original 8 euro on calls then add
    credit .
    , Dec 14, 2007

  3. Dave Angel

    Chris Davies Guest

    I asked:

    Soruk <> wrote:
    > It's worse than that in the daytime. 6p connection charge, and 3p for the
    > first minute makes it quite pricey at 9p.

    That's way more than I pay for my landline calls. (Finarea: flat rate
    6p/call UK-wide, not a lot per minute for mobiles, common international
    destinations not more than 1p/min.)

    Chris
    Chris Davies, Dec 16, 2007
  4. Dave Angel

    Soruk Guest

    On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:21:20 +0000, Chris Davies <> wrote:
    >I asked:
    >> Unless you're calling other SIP endpoints, i.e. your calls are entirely
    >> VoIP, then I'd be really interested to know what VoIP provider you're
    >> using that's cheaper than a landline, please?

    >On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:48:22 -0800 (PST), Dave Angel <> wrote:
    >>Hi Chris. Most of my calls are national calls during the day.
    >>Voipfone charge 1p per minute for this with no minimum charge anywhere
    >>in the UK at any time, pay as you go. BT charge 5p immediately even
    >>if you speak to someone for 30 seconds (which I often do). All this
    >>adds up.

    >Soruk <> wrote:
    >> It's worse than that in the daytime. 6p connection charge, and 3p for the
    >> first minute makes it quite pricey at 9p.

    >That's way more than I pay for my landline calls. (Finarea: flat rate
    >6p/call UK-wide, not a lot per minute for mobiles, common international
    >destinations not more than 1p/min.)

    Dave Angel was talking about BT rates in his post - I was merely pointing
    out they were even worse than what he'd said.

    I've before now tried to sign up with the Finarea 18xxx services and each
    time the registration failed, so I gave up. VoipCheap, however, works
    like a charm and unlike the 18xxx there's no connection charge.

    Soruk, Dec 17, 2007