Re: recommend a good interactive cdrom/online training course?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. On Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:00:59 GMT, "sisko" <> wrote:

    >I need to buckle down and finally get my cert, but the book I have is
    >entirely too boring (Meyer's A+ AIO 5th ed) and I start dozing off when it
    >gets to the nitty gritty like discussing IRQs registries and what nots.

    Hmmmmm.

    >A classroom atmosphere complete with hands on labs would be ideal, but the
    >few I are prohibitively expensive ($2200). So if any one knows a Detroit
    >area course for relatively cheap ( < $200) that would be awesome.

    If you are bored reading Mike's book, I would be very careful about
    even trying a $200 investment, although...some people just do better
    when it's more hands on. Mike's book has a lot of interesting pictures
    that tend to at least try to make it easier to understand the boring
    stuff.

    >Otherwise I am looking for a relatively cheap, but good, CD based training
    >course (< $100) packed with plenty of video examples. Does anybody have any
    >suggestions?

    I have not seen every CBT ever created. However, the ones that I have
    seen are more-or-less best considered as reinforcement of other
    previously acquired knowledge. Have you any hands-on experience?

    The bottom line is...education, like many things in life, requires
    dedication and hard work.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 2, 2004