Re: Rechargeable AA's that keep the charge when on the shelf?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Blinky the Shark, Sep 6, 2008.

  1. DudeBoyz wrote:

    > Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
    > batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
    > the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
    > a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
    > rechargeables.
    >
    > But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
    > to be purchased.

    Google the keyword eneloop

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Sep 6, 2008

  2. Blinky the Shark

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > DudeBoyz wrote:
    >
    >> Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
    >> batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
    >> the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
    >> a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
    >> rechargeables.
    >>
    >> But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
    >> to be purchased.

    > Google the keyword eneloop

    or 'hybrid'

    Mark Thomas, Sep 6, 2008

  3. On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:12:32 +1000, Mark Thomas wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >> DudeBoyz wrote:
    >>
    >>> Someone told me that there are some newer type of rechargeable
    >>> batteries out there in AA size (maybe AAA size) that can sit on
    >>> the shelf after a full charging and actually hold that charge for
    >>> a long time, instead of losing the charge like regular
    >>> rechargeables.
    >>>
    >>> But I can't remember what they are called and where they are able
    >>> to be purchased.

    >> Google the keyword eneloop
    >>

    > or 'hybrid'

    Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
    references -- to name just a few.

    Allodoxaphobia, Sep 6, 2008
  4. Blinky the Shark

    Mark Thomas Guest

    Allodoxaphobia wrote:
    > On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 09:12:32 +1000, Mark Thomas wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark wrote:

    >>> Google the keyword eneloop
    >>>

    >> or 'hybrid'

    > Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
    > references -- to name just a few.

    Not?

    Not obvious to combine search with 'battery'?

    Perhaps it wasn't to some.

    Too curt am I.

    Mark Thomas, Sep 6, 2008
  5. On Sat, 06 Sep 2008 03:20:28 -0500, Ron Hunter wrote:
    > Allodoxaphobia wrote:

    >>> or 'hybrid'

    >> Useful -- not. That will get you a lot of corn, cars, and canine
    >> references -- to name just a few.

    > One might add 'batteries' to the search, just to narrow the results to
    > something less than billions.

    One might have, if one was pretending to offer useful help, be
    constructive, concise, and complete.

    Allodoxaphobia, Sep 6, 2008