Re: Recent Mozilla/DRM threads - 7 false assumptions posters arehaving

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Silver Slimer, May 15, 2014.

  1. On 14-05-15 03:35 PM, bleak_fire_ wrote:
    > I think many of the posters in the recent Mozilla/DRM threads have made
    > the following false assumptions:
    >
    > 1. Everyone watches only mainstream television and MPAA movies.
    >
    > 2. Everyone buys, rents, listens to, or watches only content with
    > connections to the MAFIAA.
    >
    > 3. Nobody watches independent films or YouTube documentaries.
    >
    > 4. Nobody reads, listens to, or watches independent news.
    >
    > 5. Nobody reads, listens to, or watches material which is not reported by
    > mainstream news (Wikileaks, violence toward humans and animals at Bundy
    > Ranch, cell phone jamming at BART during sexual abuse lawsuit, NSA &
    > Snowden, etc)
    >
    > 6. If #4 and #5 are not true, they should be true, and people should be
    > forced to read/listen/watch only mainstream news, whether through DRM or
    > other means.
    >
    > 7. DRM can somehow be "open" despite it being a criminal offense to
    > discover, investigate, or examine the source code, encryption, or other
    > form of trade secret.

    I see that you and I have a lot in common. Check out my website, I have
    posted a crapload of links to articles talking about government spying
    in particular but I would love to have someone post articles relating to
    DRM issues.

    --
    Silver Slimer
    OpenMedia Supporter