Re: receiving Bytes and sending Bytes

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ieuan Adams, Jul 24, 2003.

  1. Ieuan Adams

    Ieuan Adams Guest

    "pat" <> wrote in message

    > can some one help:I am connected to the internet but some times, my
    > computer will stop receiving Bytes and stop sending
    > they also and I am unable to chance sites on the internet until I refresh
    > or just wait for a minuet or two some times hitting the refresh button is
    > the only way to get it to working again dose any one know why this

    happens
    > or how to fix it
    > thank in advance pat

    The same happens to me on my dial-up connection, as it does to my parents
    and brothers:-( I think it's just one of the weird and wonderful facts of
    life to do with the internet, as far as I can figure out packets of data get
    lost or there's a bottleneck somewhere - when you hit refresh the data
    you're sending/receiving gets rerouted. I don't know of any fix, I have used
    a T1 connection (Ethernet, 10Mbps) at university on a regular basis and yes,
    its' faster but the same problems with web sites sometime giving up the
    ghost for no reason still occurs. Sorry.
    Hope this helps,
    Ieuan

    ---

    Ieuan Adams, Jul 24, 2003