Re: Reboot S4 DVD audio problem

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Cyclograph, Aug 19, 2004.

  1. Cyclograph

    Cyclograph Guest

    On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:19:14 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Griffin"
    <> wrote:

    >"Joe Smith" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> ReBoot has always been rendered at 25fps, according to the people who
    >> work there. (Fewer frames total = reduction in expensive CPU time.)
    >> For NTSC releases, six video frames are synthesized from five rendered

    >frames.
    >>
    >> Anchor Bay received a 25fps tape, but set their duplicating machinery
    >> as if it were a 24fps source.

    >Ahh well, looks like I'll be waiting for a reply from DVD Box Office to see
    >if they've had their old stock recalled - they were out of supply for the
    >last three weeks when I ordered, so it's possible they're waiting for new
    >copies.

    If anyone wants to report if/when fixed versions begin to appear in
    store inventory, a quick way to check in the field is the disc
    label...
    original "slow" version:
    <http://www.eskimo.com/~kdeanda/LD/dv12751_a.jpg>
    fixed remaster:
    <http://www.eskimo.com/~kdeanda/LD/dv12751_b.jpg>

    Note the remaster has a dot after the catalog number. Dunno if
    AnchorBay intends to similarly mark case sleeves (exchange program
    just sends a disc).
    -KD

    --
    To reply via email: this ID @<a well known service related to yodeling>.com