Re: Reading emails with HTML content..Help needed

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. In article <>, Ron <> wrote:

    >This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
    >with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
    >
    >I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
    >would be appreciated.

    Consider yourself lucky ? :)

    Bruce

    Oook !
    NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !
    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 2, 2003

  2. In article <>, Ron <> wrote:
    >Bruce Sinclair wrote:
    >>
    >> In article <>, Ron <> wrote:
    >> >
    >> >This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
    >> >with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
    >> >I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
    >> >would be appreciated.

    >> Consider yourself lucky ? :)

    >Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! :))
    >
    >But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
    >would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

    ..a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ... surely you
    only want the information ? :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 3, 2003

  3. Bruce Sinclair

    Ron Guest

    Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    > In article <>, Ron <> wrote:
    > >
    > >This morning my PC threw a wobblely and won't read emails
    > >with HTML content anymore. Win98 with NS4.8.
    > >
    > >I can't seem to find anything amiss with settings, any assistance
    > >would be appreciated.

    > Consider yourself lucky ? :)
    >
    > Bruce

    Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! :))

    But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
    would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

    Ron
    Ron, Sep 3, 2003
  4. Bruce Sinclair

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote in

    > In article <>, Ron <>
    > wrote:
    >>Bruce Sinclair wrote:

    >>> Consider yourself lucky ? :)

    >>Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! :))
    >>
    >>But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
    >>would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

    > .a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ...
    > surely you only want the information ? :) :)

    I did that once after a news letter I signed up to changed from text to
    HTML, though I asked for the Text version back - instead I now get a very
    stort newsletter (in HTML) with a (broken) link that (i assume) points to
    the newsletter online.

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Sep 5, 2003
  5. In article <TER5b.1671$>, Chris Mayhew <> wrote:
    > (Bruce Sinclair) wrote in
    >> In article <>, Ron <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Yeah well, I thought some might subscribe to that thought! :))
    >>>But when eBay persists in posting HTML in all their mail, one
    >>>would like to read about one's coups in the auction action...

    >> .a better option might be to ask them not to send you html ? ...
    >> surely you only want the information ? :) :)
    >>

    >I did that once after a news letter I signed up to changed from text to
    >HTML, though I asked for the Text version back - instead I now get a very
    >stort newsletter (in HTML) with a (broken) link that (i assume) points to
    >the newsletter online.

    Tell them it's broken. Tell them often. Ask them to fix it or remove you from
    the list. Either way, you win :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 8, 2003