    but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol

    please reply back people
    from Dwayne Taylor
    Dwayne Taylor, Nov 1, 2003

  2. Dwayne Taylor

    Patrick Guest

    Dwayne Taylor wrote:
    > Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
    > sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing
    > windows xp home edition all my setting are right but my connection i
    > am ment to be getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most
    > of the time i get 48k but that isnt good enough for me i am paying
    > £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol
    >
    > please reply back people
    > from Dwayne Taylor

    I used to get 46K (or was it 44K) quite consistantly (freeserve), this I
    considered pretty good.

    Apparently some isp's (freeserve) don't support V92, thus the modem tries to
    connect at V92, can't, so go's to a setting below V90 (or something). Thus
    somehow if you could disable the V92 and have the modem go for V90.
    Sorry, but as you may realise I don't *know* what I am gibbering about, but
    perhaps you've got the idea of what I'm on about.
    Patrick, Nov 1, 2003

  3. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ Guest

    "Dwayne Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
    > sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
    > home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
    > getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get

    48k
    > but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k

    lol

    > Suggestion! Ask on the blueyonder support, or put you question into the

    blueyonder feedback NG
    ~Brihu~, Nov 1, 2003
  4. Dwayne Taylor

    why? Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited £13 subject about speed

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:

    >"Dwayne Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
    >> sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp
    >> home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
    >> getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get

    >48k
    >> but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k

    >lol
    >>
    >> Suggestion! Ask on the blueyonder support, or put you question into the

    Any old 'blueyonder support'? Maybe blueyonder.support.access.dialup
    would be a good suggestion instead.

    Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/

    >blueyonder feedback NG

    Not quite what feedback is for.

    blueyonder.users.self-help

    Me
    why?, Nov 1, 2003
  5. Dwayne Taylor

    why? Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited £13 subject about speed

    On Sat, 1 Nov 2003 14:04:52 -0000, Dwayne Taylor wrote:

    Please,
    Don't start subject lines with 'Re:'
    Don't post with your account name, read
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/abuse/howavoid.shtml

    >Hi people when i conect to the internet useing my 56k modem yeh v92
    >sometimes i only get 38k out of my connection why? i am useing windows xp

    You won't get the in theory max 56K. (which I think was only 1 way
    anyway, with compression, good signal, matching modems)

    >home edition all my setting are right but my connection i am ment to be
    >getting 56k out of it thats what i am paying for most of the time i get 48k

    Check what you really are paying for.

    http://www.telewest.co.uk/html/internet/internet.htm
    Surf Unlimited** £13.00
    56k* dial up

    Note the * at 56k

    However I guess the * notes are missing, regarding best conditions
    speed.

    >but that isnt good enough for me i am paying £13 for 56k not 38k or 48k lol

    48k is very good for dialup.

    >please reply back people
    >from Dwayne Taylor

    Main page,
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
    Dial up,
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/dialup/
    Troubleshooting
    * Help with connection problems
    General information
    * Blueyonder connection number
    * V.92 information

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/connected/dialup/v92.shtml
    see the bit where it says -
    Note: Although there are other elements to the V.92 standard, such as
    increased upload speed and greater data compression, these have not been
    implemented for use with blueyonder dial-up, and there are no current
    plans to do so.

    So it appears you aren't paying for fastest speeds.

    Status Page, maybe it's a regional issue.
    http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/blueyonder/status/statuspage.html

    56K Info
    http://www.56k.com/
    V.92 Info
    http://www.v92.com/

    Me
    why?, Nov 1, 2003
  6. Dwayne Taylor

    SgtMinor Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited =?iso-8859-1?Q?=A313?= subject aboutspeed

    Do you actually have an email addres here?

    Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM

    Registrant:
    Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
    3916 Bridgeport Drive
    Medford, OR 97504
    US

    SgtMinor, Nov 1, 2003
  7. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited 13 subject about speed

    > On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:
    >

    > Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
    > http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >
    > >blueyonder feedback NG

    > Not quite what feedback is for.
    >
    > blueyonder.users.self-help

    One would have thought that after getting to blueyonder web site he would
    have enough gumption to pick out just what he needed!! without being led by
    the nose, and for your info feedback can be helpful with this sort of query,
    where as when posting to users, there is always some pedantic little prick
    telling you that it should have gone somewhere else.
    ~Brihu~, Nov 1, 2003
  8. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > Do you actually have an email addres here?
    >
    > Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
    >
    > Registrant:
    > Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
    > 3916 Bridgeport Drive
    > Medford, OR 97504
    > US

    No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a TV
    advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)
    ~Brihu~, Nov 1, 2003
  9. Dwayne Taylor

    On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 18:26:26 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:

    >> On Sat, 01 Nov 2003 14:28:40 GMT, ~Brihu~ wrote:
    >>

    >> Even giving this URL would have helped a lot
    >> http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/
    >>
    >> >blueyonder feedback NG

    >> Not quite what feedback is for.
    >>
    >> blueyonder.users.self-help
    >>

    >One would have thought that after getting to blueyonder web site he would
    >have enough gumption to pick out just what he needed!! without being led by

    So you know everything then?

    Well that's fairly unusual, insult the OP and another poster at the same
    time.

    >the nose, and for your info feedback can be helpful with this sort of query,

    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/newsgroups/blueyonder.shtml
    Feedback Groups
    For customers to provide feedback to blueyonder staff.

    blueyonder.feedback
    Feedback about the Internet services from blueyonder ONLY.

    >where as when posting to users, there is always some pedantic little prick
    >telling you that it should have gone somewhere else.

    Try reading
    http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/html/newsgroups/blueyonder.shtml
    blueyonder newsgroups - What Are They?

    The suggestion came from that page. If the BY info is wrong as to which
    group to use, then you may want say so in blueyonder.feedback asking for
    the group descriptions to be changed.

    Me
    why?, Nov 1, 2003
  10. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ wrote:

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > > Do you actually have an email addres here?
    > >
    > > Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
    > >
    > > Registrant:
    > > Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
    > > 3916 Bridgeport Drive
    > > Medford, OR 97504
    > > US
    > >

    > No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a TV
    > advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

    If you're munging your address to avoid spam you should do it in a way
    that causes no harm to others. The rightful owners of that site are now
    getting spammed because of your unauthorized use of their property. Try
    a new munge, and look here for some ideas:

    Avoid anything that looks like a real URL, and add invalid to the end.
    SgtMinor, Nov 1, 2003
  11. Dwayne Taylor

    Boomer Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited £13 subject about speed

    "~Brihu~" <> wrote in

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    >> Do you actually have an email addres here?
    >>
    >> Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
    >>
    >> Registrant:
    >> Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
    >> 3916 Bridgeport Drive
    >> Medford, OR 97504
    >> US
    >>

    > No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title
    > from a TV advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

    If you don't own the domain then don't use it in your address. :)
    Boomer, Nov 1, 2003
  12. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ Guest

    "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > ~Brihu~ wrote:
    > >
    > > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > > > Do you actually have an email addres here?
    > > >
    > > > Domain Name: DONTLOOKBACK.COM
    > > >
    > > > Registrant:
    > > > Christian Counterculture Project (DONTLOOKBACK2-DOM)
    > > > 3916 Bridgeport Drive
    > > > Medford, OR 97504
    > > > US
    > > >

    > > No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a

    TV
    > > advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

    > If you're munging your address to avoid spam you should do it in a way
    > that causes no harm to others. The rightful owners of that site are now
    > getting spammed because of your unauthorized use of their property. Try
    > a new munge, and look here for some ideas:

    My apologies, guessed that was what you were getting at, and have already
    changed the address - !
    ~Brihu~, Nov 1, 2003
  13. Dwayne Taylor

    ~Brihu~ wrote:

    > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message
    > > ~Brihu~ wrote:
    > > >
    > > > "SgtMinor" <> wrote in message

    > > > No, I am in the UK and the address was made up, taking the title from a

    > TV
    > > > advert I saw. ( British TV advert incidentally)

    > > If you're munging your address to avoid spam you should do it in a way
    > > that causes no harm to others. The rightful owners of that site are now
    > > getting spammed because of your unauthorized use of their property. Try
    > > a new munge, and look here for some ideas:
    > >

    > My apologies, guessed that was what you were getting at, and have already
    > changed the address - !

    Brilliant. You went from one stolen domain name to another,
    http://www.dontlookdown.co.uk/

    Please read and try to understand what I stated in my previous post
    about proper munging.
    SgtMinor, Nov 1, 2003
  14. Dwayne Taylor

    Petit Alexi Guest

    Re: read blueyonder surfunlimited £13 subject about speed

    "~Brihu~" <> wrote in

    [snip]

    > My apologies, guessed that was what you were getting at, and have
    > already changed the address - !

    *sigh*

    You just don't get it. Don't make up cutesy names for email addresses.

    Use:

    lid

    Be aware that using someone elses domain without their permission is
    serious, and could cause you to lose your internet account.
    Petit Alexi, Nov 3, 2003