Re: Re: Re: big enlargements from 10D... what settings on camera??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Flycaster, Jul 11, 2003.

  1. Flycaster

    Flycaster Guest

    "Jim Davis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Try it with a simple point and shoot, that's all you'd need.

    Since customers won't accept images taken with one, I don't own one.
    Additionally, I needed, and used, all three lenses I took on this particular
    trip, as well as my 550EX Heck, I even used a tripod occasionally too..

    Look, you simply made a "foot in mouth" mistake by stating a false absolute.
    Why not just admit it instead of further compounding the error with
    back-handed arrogance?

    Flycaster, Jul 11, 2003

  2. Flycaster

    Jim Davis Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:56:19 -0700, "Flycaster" <>
    wrote/replied to:

    >Since customers won't accept images taken with one, I don't own one.
    >Additionally, I needed, and used, all three lenses I took on this particular
    >trip, as well as my 550EX Heck, I even used a tripod occasionally too..
    >
    >Look, you simply made a "foot in mouth" mistake by stating a false absolute.
    >Why not just admit it instead of further compounding the error with
    >back-handed arrogance?

    Because I was talking about photographers not amateur snapshooters
    perhaps?

    Look, if you like JPG shooting and don't care about maximizing quality
    or the ability to get more details in highlights and shadows, then
    please continue to live in ignorant bliss.

    Here's the point. You got a 1500 dollar camera with great capabilites
    and you're using it like an advance point and shoot. That's fine with
    me, but you and many others don't seem to care about maximizing your
    images. I'm just trying to educate you.

    I repeat, I have JPG shots here that are garbage due the fact that
    highlights are lost. They could have been keepers if they had been
    shot in raw. One day you will find the same thing. In the meanwhile
    you can continue to fiddle your camera setting constantly and enjoy
    it.

    Jim Davis
    Nature Photography
    http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/