Re: Raspberypi

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Nov 6, 2011.

  1. In article <>,
    Stephen Hammond <> wrote:
    >Do you think it's possible to use a http://www.raspberrypi.org/ to make some
    >sort of VOIP device ?

    If you can get audio in & out, then there's no reason why not.

    It'll be a bit of a hobby project though, looking like a pile of
    spaghetti on a bench...

    Unless you put it in a box with Ethernet and audio sockets and a nice
    little display and dial-pad, but by then you've just re-invented the
    SIP phone and you can buy those for 40 quid or so...

    >I'm always amazed how much voip ata devices cost for example.

    50 quid? (or less) I think that's a pretty good price for what you're
    getting. Processor, RAM, Flash, etc. analogue interface, digital interface
    (Ethernet), TCP/IP software stack, and other softwares to plumb it
    all together...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 6, 2011