Re: RAS in System Monitor does not work anymore

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by pcbutts1, Aug 24, 2003.

  1. pcbutts1

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Well you checked the event log, check the Application log and see what it
    says.

    --

    The best live web video demo on the internet
    http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm

    pcbutts1, Aug 24, 2003

  2. pcbutts1

    John Guest

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 05:20:59 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    wrote "Re: RAS in System Monitor does not work anymore":

    >Well you checked the event log, check the Application log and see what it
    >says.

    I checked the application log within the event viewer. That is where
    I got the message I pasted in my original posting. Is there a
    different application log somewhere else?

    John, Aug 24, 2003

  3. pcbutts1

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 22:50:20 -0700, John wrote:

    x-post trimmed to 24HSHD

    >On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 05:20:59 GMT, "pcbutts1" <>
    >wrote "Re: RAS in System Monitor does not work anymore":
    >
    >>Well you checked the event log, check the Application log and see what it
    >>says.

    >I checked the application log within the event viewer. That is where
    >I got the message I pasted in my original posting. Is there a
    >different application log somewhere else?

    So the most important bit then the Event ID is?

    Me

    why?, Aug 24, 2003
  4. pcbutts1

    John Guest

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:02:21 GMT, why?
    <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote "Re: RAS in System Monitor
    does not work anymore":

    >So the most important bit then the Event ID is?

    The event ID is 1017

    John, Aug 24, 2003
  5. pcbutts1

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 10:52:48 -0700, John wrote:

    >On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 11:02:21 GMT, why?
    ><fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote "Re: RAS in System Monitor
    >does not work anymore":
    >
    >>So the most important bit then the Event ID is?

    >The event ID is 1017

    MS Technet DVD for Aug 2003 , Event 1017 has 19 matches total, 9 in the
    knowledge base then add Win XP to the search gives 0 results.

    You could try the online search KB http://support.microsoft.com/

    Looking at the 9 matches only 2 apply, use either the link above ow
    www.google.com to search for the reference numbers below, the PSS ID.

    These PSS IDs used to be Qxxxxxx , so try both the number and with a Q
    prefix.

    INFO: Events for Performance Monitor Extensions
    PSS ID Number: 226494
    Article Last Modified on 5/10/2003
    Microsoft Win32 Application Programming Interface (API), when used with:
    the operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
    the operating system: Microsoft Windows 2000
    the operating system: Microsoft Windows XP

    Event ID: 1017 Only available on Windows 2000
    Detail Text: Performance counter data collection from the (service name)
    service has been disabled due to one or more errors generated by the
    performance counter library for that service. The error(s) that forced
    this action have been written to the application event log. The error(s)
    should be corrected before the performance counters for this service are
    enabled again.

    Expertise: Developer of named extensible counter DLL

    Next few are -
    MS Exchange
    DHCP server after install.
    SMTP error
    MS Exchange again, ditto
    Outlook

    then

    PRB: Performance Object Is Not Displayed in Performance Monitor
    PSS ID Number: 248993
    Article Last Modified on 5/13/2003
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
    Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

    .... part of the text ...
    If a performance extension DLL becomes disabled unexpectedly, check the
    application event log for event 1017 or 1018 (the "disable" events)
    posted by the Perflib source. Then look for other events posted by
    Perflib that will give the reasons why the system disabled the
    extension. These events should be noted if you need to call technical
    support.

    Me

    why?, Aug 24, 2003