Re: Random reboots

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by -Andy-, Oct 9, 2005.

  1. -Andy-

    -Andy- Guest

    NOSPAM*@yahoo.com LOVES spam sent to <NOSPAM*@yahoo.com>:

    > On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:04:35 GMT, Groove <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> said this...
    >>
    >>> I am running XP pro. My machine would reboot as soon as I put a
    >>> disk in my DVD rom drive. In fact if I did not eject the disk from
    >>> the DVD it would just keep rebooting while not even getting back
    >>> into XP..

    >> Hello Mike.
    >> Try switching off automatic restarts.
    >> windows/break to pull up system properties.
    >> advanced tab/startup & recovery settings
    >> untick 'automatically restart'
    >> this may gain you a blue-screen with some more info.

    > Never got a blue screen. My I hate this OS.
    > Regards
    >
    > Mike

    Look, you fucking highly explosive package of stupid!

    Read the fucking reply you got again and do what you are fucking told.
    Post the error from the blue screen back here, or take your whining arse off
    to alt.support.depression, or alternatively, just **** off and die now.

    Got it? you seeping little blood fart?
    -Andy-, Oct 9, 2005

  2. On Sun, 9 Oct 2005 22:33:16 +0930, "-Andy-" <nospam@****--you.com>
    wrote:

    >NOSPAM*@yahoo.com LOVES spam sent to <NOSPAM*@yahoo.com>:
    >
    >> On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 07:04:35 GMT, Groove <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> said this...

    >>> Hello Mike.
    >>> Try switching off automatic restarts.
    >>> windows/break to pull up system properties.
    >>> advanced tab/startup & recovery settings
    >>> untick 'automatically restart'
    >>> this may gain you a blue-screen with some more info.

    >> Never got a blue screen. My I hate this OS.
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Mike

    I had a similar issue with not a single blue screen (regardless of
    whether the automatically restart box was checked) ... you might also
    check the event viewer to see if that gives any clues.

    FWIW, I replaced the power supply and it fixed the problem I was
    having.
    Curtis Newton, Oct 9, 2005