Re: Ram Question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Buffalo, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    sharonx9 wrote:
    > I got a new laptop and it currently has 2gb memory. I am wondering if
    > it would really be best to upgrade to 4gb. Will I notice enough
    > difference with 4gb for it to be worth it? I am a personal user who
    > edit photos, listens to and edits music, and basic internet.
    >
    > My specs currently:
    > Compaq Presario CQ60
    > Vista Home Premium
    > Processor AMD Athlon X2
    > Processor Speed 2.0GHz
    > System Memory (RAM) 2GB
    > Hard Drive Type SATA (5400 rpm)
    > Hard Drive Size 250GB
    > NVIDIA GeForce Go 8200M

    Run a memory usage program (I think there is one built into Vista, XP) and
    run your most memory intense programs.
    See if all your memory is being used. If not, then more won't help. Google
    for more help in this.

    Usually shutting down unnecessary programs that automatically run all the
    time will speed up your computer.
    Also deleting your temporary internet files (TIF), your temp files, etc can
    make your computer faster.

    Buffalo, Feb 13, 2009

  2. Buffalo

    David Howard Guest

    "Buffalo" <> wrote in message

    > sharonx9 wrote:
    >> I got a new laptop and it currently has 2gb memory. I am wondering if
    >> it would really be best to upgrade to 4gb. Will I notice enough
    >> difference with 4gb for it to be worth it? I am a personal user who
    >> edit photos, listens to and edits music, and basic internet.
    >>
    >> My specs currently:
    >> Compaq Presario CQ60
    >> Vista Home Premium
    >> Processor AMD Athlon X2
    >> Processor Speed 2.0GHz
    >> System Memory (RAM) 2GB
    >> Hard Drive Type SATA (5400 rpm)
    >> Hard Drive Size 250GB
    >> NVIDIA GeForce Go 8200M

    > Run a memory usage program (I think there is one built into Vista, XP) and
    > run your most memory intense programs.
    > See if all your memory is being used. If not, then more won't help. Google
    > for more help in this.
    >
    > Usually shutting down unnecessary programs that automatically run all the
    > time will speed up your computer.
    > Also deleting your temporary internet files (TIF), your temp files, etc
    > can
    > make your computer faster.
    >
    >Hi Buffalo, how do you know which are 'unnecessary' programs, and how do
    >you stop them from running, short of deleting them? Are you talking about
    >programs which always start on 'start up'?.Thanks in advance for any input.

    David.

    David Howard, Feb 13, 2009

  3. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > This?
    > http://www.softlist.net/program/advanced_process_controller_free_versio
    > n-software.html

    That program will not install on my Win2000Pro as it gives an error of
    something like 'class not recognized'.
    I tried the "
    Advanced Process Controller Free Version 5.0.0.1" and also the "
    Power Process Controller Free Version 5.0.0.1" and both give the same error.
    The "Advanced" one says it is good for 8 trys or a small number of days
    before you have to buy it.
    Anyways, any idea why I have that problem with the install?
    Thanks

    Buffalo, Feb 16, 2009
  4. Buffalo

    Buffalo Guest

    §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    > Buffalo <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > of<gnacqc$s9h$>:
    >

    >> §ñühw¤£f wrote:
    >>> This?
    >>>

    > http://www.softlist.net/program/advanced_process_controller_free_versio
    >>> n-software.html

    >> That program will not install on my Win2000Pro as it gives an error
    >> of something like 'class not recognized'.
    >> I tried the "
    >> Advanced Process Controller Free Version 5.0.0.1" and also the "
    >> Power Process Controller Free Version 5.0.0.1" and both give the
    >> same error. The "Advanced" one says it is good for 8 trys or a small
    >> number of days before you have to buy it.
    >> Anyways, any idea why I have that problem with the install?
    >> Thanks
    >>

    > What was your original problem?
    > If software dosent work dont bother with it...try something else.

    I didn't have a problem, I was just trying out the process manager you
    suggested and I couldn't get it working.
    I thought, perhaps, that you were using the free version and might have an
    idea why it wouldn't install on my Win2000Pro.
    Sounded like a good program.
    Buffalo

    Buffalo, Feb 16, 2009