Re: RAM Memory upgrade card problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Walter Mautner, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:

    > Hi !
    >
    > I and a friend are going to upgrade a Pentium 3 based machine (733 MHz).
    > There is a hard disk installed as well as
    > some memory cards (SIMM-cards). I do still not know how many memory cards,
    > what specification they do have, the amount of
    > total installed memory or how many memory card slots that are available.
    >
    > If helpful, I do myself have 3 memory cards from a Pentium 2 machine (233
    > MHz). 2 of these cards having different labels, but 128 MB / 100 Mhz.

    Looks like they all are from the same generation. You are talking about
    SDRAM DIMM modules.

    > Also a third card, which may be a 64 MB / 100 MHz card. There is

    Waste of slot space.

    > eventually either lableled on the bottom side or allotted space for for 9
    > chips on each card,
    > but there are 8 physical chips on each of these cards. I think there may
    > be a question related to parity here.
    >
    > In addition, 3 memory cards from a MS-6330 Lite ATX VA Mainboard, which
    > supports AMD (TM) PGA Socket A Duron (TM) / Athlon (TM) processor, these 3
    > memory cards are all 256 MB / 133 MHz TwinMOS SDR/CL3 cards and may the
    > most powerful of all of these memory cards to my guess.

    Still SDRAMs on that board, so your best chance.
    Next generation would be DDRAM.

    > There is space for 9 chips, but there are 8 physical chips installed. Also
    > a parity question in this case as well.
    >
    > Should I go for the TwinMOS cards in the memory card upgrade ? There are
    > perhaps 512 MB memory cards available in the shops having 133 Mhz or
    > higher speeds that are better.

    Why not go for the whole MS-6330 board?

    Linux 2.6.12-mm2 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Dec 28, 2005

  2. "Walter Mautner" <> skrev i melding
    > Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
    >
    >> Hi !
    >>
    >> I and a friend are going to upgrade a Pentium 3 based machine (733 MHz).
    >> There is a hard disk installed as well as
    >> some memory cards (SIMM-cards). I do still not know how many memory
    >> cards,
    >> what specification they do have, the amount of
    >> total installed memory or how many memory card slots that are available.
    >>
    >> If helpful, I do myself have 3 memory cards from a Pentium 2 machine (233
    >> MHz). 2 of these cards having different labels, but 128 MB / 100 Mhz.

    > Looks like they all are from the same generation. You are talking about
    > SDRAM DIMM modules.
    >
    >> Also a third card, which may be a 64 MB / 100 MHz card. There is

    > Waste of slot space.
    >
    >> eventually either lableled on the bottom side or allotted space for for 9
    >> chips on each card,
    >> but there are 8 physical chips on each of these cards. I think there may
    >> be a question related to parity here.
    >>
    >> In addition, 3 memory cards from a MS-6330 Lite ATX VA Mainboard, which
    >> supports AMD (TM) PGA Socket A Duron (TM) / Athlon (TM) processor, these
    >> 3
    >> memory cards are all 256 MB / 133 MHz TwinMOS SDR/CL3 cards and may the
    >> most powerful of all of these memory cards to my guess.

    > Still SDRAMs on that board, so your best chance.
    > Next generation would be DDRAM.
    >
    >> There is space for 9 chips, but there are 8 physical chips installed.
    >> Also
    >> a parity question in this case as well.
    >>
    >> Should I go for the TwinMOS cards in the memory card upgrade ? There are
    >> perhaps 512 MB memory cards available in the shops having 133 Mhz or
    >> higher speeds that are better.
    >>

    > Why not go for the whole MS-6330 board?
    >
    > --
    > vista policy violation: Microsoft optical mouse detected penguin patterns
    > on mousepad. Partition scan in progress to remove offending
    > incompatible products. Reactivate MS software.
    > Linux 2.6.12-mm2 [LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]

    Why not go for the whole MS-6330 board?

    Sorry, No !
    Knut Arvid Keilen, Dec 28, 2005