Re: R.P.D. reorg passes, use r.p.d.slr-systems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Woodchuck Bill, Oct 25, 2004.

  1. Alan Browne <> wrote in

    >> All the new subgroups except rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
    >> are irrelevant to us (and one is irrelevant to almost everyone!)
    >> but this means we should post DSLR threads to the new group,
    >> when it appears on a substantial majority of servers.

    > The proposed (and passed by vote) NG's are still in the post vote
    > commentary phases which ends (I believe) tonight at midnight (GMT?).
    > Then it will take a while to propagate (hours/days/weeks?). I can
    > write to my ISP to get them to list the NG, you can do the same if
    > interested.

    Some of the major NSPs like Supernews, Giganews, Individual.net (mine),
    Altopia, and some others subscribe to the standard Big-8 newsgroup list. If
    you are on one of the NSPs I just named, or a reseller of one of those, the
    new groups should automatically appear within a day or two after creation.
    The new groups will automatically be picked up by Google Groups in about a
    week or two. If you don't see the new groups on your server within several
    weeks, then you should request them from your news provider if you are
    interested.

    --
    Bill

    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 25, 2004

  2. Woodchuck Bill

    Alan Browne Guest

    Woodchuck Bill wrote:

    > Alan Browne <> wrote in

    >>The proposed (and passed by vote) NG's are still in the post vote
    >>commentary phases which ends (I believe) tonight at midnight (GMT?).
    >>Then it will take a while to propagate (hours/days/weeks?). I can
    >>write to my ISP to get them to list the NG, you can do the same if
    >>interested.

    > Some of the major NSPs like Supernews, Giganews, Individual.net (mine),
    > Altopia, and some others subscribe to the standard Big-8 newsgroup list. If
    > you are on one of the NSPs I just named, or a reseller of one of those, the
    > new groups should automatically appear within a day or two after creation.
    > The new groups will automatically be picked up by Google Groups in about a
    > week or two. If you don't see the new groups on your server within several
    > weeks, then you should request them from your news provider if you are
    > interested.

    Thanks for the details. IAC, as soon as it goes "live" I will request of my
    ISP. Whaddya mean "if"? ;-) .

    Cheers,
    Alan

    Alan Browne, Oct 25, 2004

  3. Alan Browne <> wrote in

    >> Some of the major NSPs like Supernews, Giganews, Individual.net
    >> (mine), Altopia, and some others subscribe to the standard Big-8
    >> newsgroup list. If you are on one of the NSPs I just named, or a
    >> reseller of one of those, the new groups should automatically appear
    >> within a day or two after creation. The new groups will automatically
    >> be picked up by Google Groups in about a week or two. If you don't
    >> see the new groups on your server within several weeks, then you
    >> should request them from your news provider if you are interested.

    > Thanks for the details. IAC, as soon as it goes "live" I will request
    > of my ISP. Whaddya mean "if"?

    I meant "you" as in plural, for all the readers of this thread. You knew
    that, of course. ;)

    The control messages should be posted within the next day or two. Check the
    group control.newgroup to view them.

    --
    Bill

    Woodchuck Bill, Oct 25, 2004