Re: Quick A+ Book

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Cindy Clayton, Oct 12, 2004.

  1. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 01:17:08 GMT, "Jack Smith" <>
    wrote:

    >I am scheduled to take the tests next friday and I am looking for a good
    >book as a refresher, I already have a book but it's huge and very boring to
    >read.
    >Thanks,
    >Jack

    Hi Jack,

    I highly recommend "Mike Meyers' A+ Certification Passport" as a quick
    brush-up for experienced techs, or for those who have already read
    more weighty texts and are ready for the home stretch before their
    exams.

    Make sure you get the revised Second Edition, as it properly addresses
    the current A+ exam objectives! I've noticed some recent Amazon
    reviews (unhappy ones, not surprisingly) have referred to the old
    edition--you can tell these by the notation "This text refers to an
    out of print or unavailable edition of this title" at the end of a
    review.

    Please note that I do have a bias about this book, as I work for Mike
    Meyers' company and had a hand in editing it. Still, it's a great
    little book that works well for last-minute A+ studying.

    Best of luck, whatever you read!

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com
    Cindy Clayton, Oct 12, 2004

  2. Cindy Clayton

    Michael Guest

    If you have the Mike Meyers All In One book, does it make sense to also get
    the Passport book?

    Michael, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Cindy Clayton

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Oct 14, 2004 at 6:47pm "Michael" blathered:

    > If you have the Mike Meyers All In One book, does it make sense to also
    > get the Passport book?

    No.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!
    TechGeekPro, Oct 15, 2004
  4. On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:47:18 -0400, "Michael" <>
    wrote:

    >If you have the Mike Meyers All In One book, does it make sense to also get
    >the Passport book?

    I think it depends on whether the added cost (US$20.99 - $29.99) will
    be a burden to your finances.

    If it's no big deal to buy the Passport, I think you'll find the
    abbreviated format a refreshing change from the more weighty tome
    you've been using to study. The succinct presentation of the key
    points covered on the exam is great for your final brush-up before
    testing.

    On the other hand, if you're having a hard time justifying the
    expense, then of course spare yourself the grief! You can do that
    last-minute studying from your notes, or from the All-In-One and some
    strategically marked pages.

    Personally, I had ready access to both books when I was studying for
    my A+ exams, and found the Passport to be very handy for reviewing.
    But then, I was using office copies, not springing for my own ...

    Best of luck on your exams,

    Cindy Clayton
    Total Seminars, LLC
    www.totalsem.com
    Cindy Clayton, Oct 15, 2004
  5. "Michael" <> wrote in message
    > If you have the Mike Meyers All In One book, does it make sense to also
    > get the Passport book?

    I wouldn't get it. I easily passed with my only text being the AIO.
    Patrick Michael, Oct 15, 2004