Re: Question -

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Juan R. Pollo, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Check the calibration of your monitor. It may be the culprit.

    Try printing a photo unretouched and comparing it to the monitor display.

    Juan

    "FocusClick" <> wrote in message
    > Being new to digital I have a question . Why do all my pictures taken with
    > my Nikon D1 have a hazy look to them? It seems as though every photograph

    > take I need to adjust the contrast and basically every other setting in

    the
    > photo edit software to get a decent photo. Is this standard practice for
    > digital photography?. When I used film , did the photo lab actually make

    the

    Juan R. Pollo, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Juan R. Pollo

    Kenny Guest

    "Juan R. Pollo" <> wrote in message
    > Check the calibration of your monitor. It may be the culprit.
    >
    > Try printing a photo unretouched and comparing it to the monitor

    display.

    And print it the same size as your film prints. 10D, D100, etc. all
    require post-processing. Manufacturers, quite rightly, have left this to
    the user to do with their photo-editing software, rather than do it
    in-camera as is overdone with P&S models. In-camera processing leaves
    you little or no choice on how your images will turn out.

    Kenny

    Kenny, Aug 30, 2003