Re: Question: Which <snip>

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2010.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    Jimmy Dean wrote:
    Subject: Question: Which is the best unlimited Usenet provider?

    I notice that you aren't learning very fast how to create a new message
    thread question - you are still typing in the subject first.

    > tia

    Consequently, there is absolutely no question in here.

    IMO opinion, the best (priced) 'unlimited' usenet provider is not called
    unlimited.

    The best priced usenet provider is to buy non-expiring blocks of an
    appropriate size for your needs. You could buy a 2G block or a 200G
    block. Block provider put no restrictions on how many connections or
    what speed you download, since it is to their advantage that you get the
    biggest pipeline possible.

    When you buy 'unlimited' packages from providers, you have to pay so
    much per month based on how big a pipeline the provider is willing to
    sell you.

    So the blocks give you better access and cheaper.

    Therefore, not only did you put your question in the wrong place, namely
    the subject, but you also asked the wrong question.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2010

  2. Mike Easter

    WeReo_BoY Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > Subject: Question: Which is the best unlimited Usenet provider?
    >
    > I notice that you aren't learning very fast how to create a new message
    > thread question - you are still typing in the subject first.
    >
    >> tia

    > Consequently, there is absolutely no question in here.
    >
    > IMO opinion, the best (priced) 'unlimited' usenet provider is not called
    > unlimited.
    >
    > The best priced usenet provider is to buy non-expiring blocks of an
    > appropriate size for your needs. You could buy a 2G block or a 200G block.
    > Block provider put no restrictions on how many connections or what speed
    > you download, since it is to their advantage that you get the biggest
    > pipeline possible.
    >
    > When you buy 'unlimited' packages from providers, you have to pay so much
    > per month based on how big a pipeline the provider is willing to sell you.
    >
    > So the blocks give you better access and cheaper.
    >
    > Therefore, not only did you put your question in the wrong place, namely
    > the subject, but you also asked the wrong question.
    >

    > --
    > Mike Easter

    Yes the "block" thing is the best. That's what I use.

    WeReo_BoY, Aug 1, 2010

  3. Mike Easter

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 05:17:55 -0700, Mike Easter wrote:

    > Jimmy Dean wrote:
    > Subject: Question: Which is the best unlimited Usenet provider?
    >
    > I notice that you aren't learning very fast how to create a new message
    > thread question - you are still typing in the subject first.
    >
    >> tia

    > Consequently, there is absolutely no question in here.
    >
    > IMO opinion, the best (priced) 'unlimited' usenet provider is not called
    > unlimited.
    >
    > The best priced usenet provider is to buy non-expiring blocks of an
    > appropriate size for your needs. You could buy a 2G block or a 200G
    > block. Block provider put no restrictions on how many connections or
    > what speed you download, since it is to their advantage that you get the
    > biggest pipeline possible.
    >
    > When you buy 'unlimited' packages from providers, you have to pay so
    > much per month based on how big a pipeline the provider is willing to
    > sell you.
    >
    > So the blocks give you better access and cheaper.
    >
    > Therefore, not only did you put your question in the wrong place, namely
    > the subject, but you also asked the wrong question.

    which is what I like about newsguy. You can buy the blocks, and what you
    don't use that month is rolled over to the next month. I now have over 300
    gigs of bandwidth available. Want some?

    richard, Aug 1, 2010
  4. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    richard wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >
    >> Jimmy Dean wrote:
    >> Subject: Question: Which is the best unlimited Usenet provider?

    >> IMO opinion, the best (priced) 'unlimited' usenet provider is not called
    >> unlimited.
    >>
    >> The best priced usenet provider is to buy non-expiring blocks of an
    >> appropriate size for your needs.

    >> When you buy 'unlimited' packages from providers, you have to pay so
    >> much per month based on how big a pipeline the provider is willing to
    >> sell you.
    >>
    >> So the blocks give you better access and cheaper.

    > which is what I like about newsguy. You can buy the blocks, and what you
    > don't use that month is rolled over to the next month. I now have over 300
    > gigs of bandwidth available. Want some?

    newsguy doesn't sell blocks the way I'm talking about.

    newsguy sells by monthly rate for metered and unmetered (unlimited)
    accounts. The monthly rate for metered gives you a maximum of so many
    gigabytes of data that you can download that month. If you don't
    download your alloted gigabytes, they roll over (carry forward) to the
    next month.

    As an example, let's use a newsguy account which is priced at $9/mo or
    $60/y and allots 15GB/mo (or 180 GB/y).

    For $52 I could buy 500GB from a block provider and have it any time I
    wanted it, all this month or spread over the next 5 or however many years.

    The nonexpiring block plans are a better deal for almost everyone. There
    are many people for whom $9 (such as per month at newsguy) would buy
    them all the GB of binary downloads they can use in 5 years.

    Someone who has light usage might just buy a $2 or $5 block and it would
    last a long time instead of paying so much per month every month.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Aug 1, 2010