Re: Question regarding Site Warning from Google

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, Oct 11, 2009.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Here is another site upon which I'm receiving a Warning regarding
    > malware http://i35.tinypic.com/4fj7n.jpg :-

    You are being confused.

    That warning refers to the IP 74.222.134.170 -- which is your old friend
    170.CUSTOMER.VPLS.NET

    If you would click on the IP's link in the warning it would take you to
    a googlepage which explained the basis of the googlewarning.

    > hxxp://thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com/ (Obfuscated)

    That site is at IP 74.125.19.191 which IP is not the same as the above.
    The krazykraftlady site's IP rDNS tonuq04s01-in-f191.google.com which of
    course belongs to a /16 google netblock...

    OrgName: Google Inc.
    NetRange: 74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255
    CIDR: 74.125.0.0/16

    .... whereas the IP in your tinypic belongs to your buddies VPLS or Krypt
    Technologies which is the same vpls/krpttech that you saw in another
    different tinypic you posted.

    However, this time there is something to see at a google diagnostic link
    if you put in the krazykraftlady's URL

    http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=http://thekrazykraftl
    ady.blogspot.com/
    or
    http://snipr.com/sg6qs Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com
    current listing status - suspicious
    over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being
    downloaded and installed
    Successful infection resulted in an average of 1 new process(es) on
    the target machine.
    Over the past 90 days, thekrazykraftlady.blogspot.com did not appear
    to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

    > Any comments welcomed

    You need to learn what it means to investigate a site using the google
    safe browsing tool which I have illustrated above and separately you
    need to learn how to use your popup information to find out what it is
    all about, which is a separate subject from the information to be found
    at the google safebrowsing link process I described above, and you need
    to find out what is going on with your machine that is giving you the
    VPLS/ Krypt Tech alerts which I expect has nothing to do with the
    krazykraftlady safebrowsing information.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Oct 11, 2009

  2. Mike Easter

    Buffalo Guest

    ~BD~ wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> ~BD~ wrote:
    >>> Here is another site upon which I'm receiving a Warning regarding
    >>> malware http://i35.tinypic.com/4fj7n.jpg :-

    >> You are being confused.
    >>

    > No, I am not confused.
    >
    > I am well aware that I used exactly the same pic that I'd used before
    > - it was intended to merely be symbolical.
    >
    > My question was "Do others here, using different browsers, get
    > this/any other form of warning if they visit the link above?"
    >
    > You failed to address same.

    I use FF ver 3.5.3 on my Win2000Pro system and I get the warning box.
    My only 3 add-ons are:
    1)Adobe download manager
    2)Java Quick Start
    3)PDF download 2.2.0.2

    Buffalo
    PS: It is the same warning box that Whiskers says he got.
    Buffalo, Oct 11, 2009